+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused twice for same reasons

sunshine23

Jul 21, 2019
Hello all,

I am 26 and presently pursuing my MBA degree in India and wanted to visit my bf in Canada who became a PR last year. We have travelled together before and he visited me multiple times. For the application I showed letter of support from my parents as I am presently a student. In that I showed last 4 months back statement with approximately 15000 CAD on it. I was planning on visiting for 2 weeks. The application I made the second time was as detailed as we could have made. The gap between both the application was 6 months. It got refused on the basis of purpose of visit and financial and personal assets. I have applied for GCMS notes and will probably seek lawyer advise before the next application. The purpose of my visit was tourism and also visiting him since it would be my semester break. I showed education loan proof of about 25000 CAD and school ID. May I know what went wrong? How long should I wait before applying again? At the moment, I am more concerned about the number of refusals against my name than anything else. How will it affect in future? Kindly help.

sunshine23

Jul 21, 2019
You're a student without your own funds and your boyfriend is in Canada. You're more likely to overstay in Canada and not leave.
I understand the issue but I have shown proofs that I need to return back to home country because of completing my education and loan. While this is quite heartbreaking, there for sure is no urgency for me to visit right now. I would simply like to know if I should give it one last shot.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I understand the issue but I have shown proofs that I need to return back to home country because of completing my education and loan. While this is quite heartbreaking, there for sure is no urgency for me to visit right now. I would simply like to know if I should give it one last shot.
You don't have to convince me--you have to convince the visa officer, and apparently it wasn't enough proof for them.
The fact is, it really is harder for students, specially without any relevant travel history, to get approved for those reasons I stated in an earlier post. Your having a BF in Canada just compounds the problem.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the next application, you can ask your parents to go with you (since the funds are in their name) to Canada. Or you can join some school tour. On my recent flight, I saw many youngsters (likely younger than you) wearing the same school uniforms....

Reactions: sunshine23

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would stop applying until you have been working for a while and have your own savings. It is very common for students and young adults to get refused due to lack of funds and lack of strong ties to their home country. Many refusals won’t affect a PR application or spousal sponsorship but lots of refusals makes IRCC concerned about why you are so persistent on visiting. There are people who stop their studies, get married and remain in Canada so proof of returning to school or paying fees is not proof that you will 100% return.