+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused 2nd time. Now what?

zcypher

Apr 6, 2016
^ Ah, to be blunt, I think her being a call centre employee didn't work in her favour at all. Those are among the occupations I notice are frequently flagged as "employment status" as a reason of refusal. That, and nursing, for Filipinos.
The "proof of relationship" section is really only for proving the relationship to the Canadian host, so your assumption is correct. It's not for her family in the Philippines.
Now that you provided more details, her case was somewhat of a long shot, especially with her finances. The ITRs do not help as much as liquid assets, unfortunately. Even if you do pay for her expenses, she essentially has to show that she can afford the trip on her own, and with the $3000 she presented, that's not the case.

She's already been refused twice, and so now I'm not sure applying a third time so soon is a good idea, until something in her situation changes, like a pay raise or promotion, or she simply has to save up a bit more, which I can imagine is tough because you say she's the breadwinner in her family.
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize that her employment would be a red flag, I'm not exaggerating when I say that she has a comfortable life over there. Her income is on par with other professional fields, still managing to save money on top of living on her own and supporting her family and putting her brother through school; something that is out of reach for most young single filipinas.

some things that have been added:
- signed letter from my boss stating that i will be working abroad from our Manila office this fall (ie, no reason for her to overstay since i actually won't be here)
- notarized my revamped letter of invitation + affidavit (yes yes, i know it's not required). changed to better format sticking to the facts, more point form, explicitly described how i will pick her up, drop her off at the airport to ensure departure, promise to ensure she complies with all visa terms, etc
- updated certificate of employment showing a pay increase over last time
- updated vacation leave approval letter after canceling some leaves to align with asking for 2 weeks instead of 3
- added company ID
- her sister's ultrasound now accompanied by sworn statement that no one else is around to help with her baby due in August, that she is expecting her to be there; for the birth, to help care for her/baby, and to be present for subsequent baptismal
- 3yrs ITR instead of 1
- 6 months bank statements instead of 4
- signed lease agreement - previously had notarized affidavit of co-renter only. they got the landlord to agree to signing an actual lease for her, which is now included.
- notarized sworn affidavit from her brother stating that he is dependent solely on her to pay for his school tuition and that he's expecting her to be there for his graduation in March, + copy of his tuitiuon and school ID + referencing which pages to look at for proof of transfers to him in her bank statements
- detailed travel itinerary with daily activities and estimated expenses
- explanation letter revamped sticking to facts + referring to the specific document to evidence each fact presented and which page/section to see them on
- this time included the actual proof of payment for the airfare and travel insurance rather than just claiming it is paid for

To my biased eyes, it's compelling, but I suppose to a VO maybe not. It has been suggested to me (thx Bryanna) that she could take out a loan to help her parents by purchasing a vehicle or home renovations. That's certainly within her means, and she could save up more money over that period of time for the next application.

It wouldn't help her to overstay for so many reasons, but it's proving difficult to put it into a factual evidenced presentation for VO.

Reactions: bellaluna

zcypher

Apr 6, 2016
Welp, the 3rd try was submitted June 8th and today she received notification from CIC. We were so sure it would be refused again, but to our absolute surprise, it was approved!!! I'm totally floored. We're both shocked, and at a loss as to how we can thank everyone who has helped us with the tips and advice which surely made the difference, especially Bryanna. I know we went against the consensus by reapplying a third time in such short succession, and were ready to accept failure and build the plan for 6+ months later, but now I'm glad that we did!

Amazing... words can't describe what I'm feeling right now!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Welp, the 3rd try was submitted June 8th and today she received notification from CIC. We were so sure it would be refused again, but to our absolute surprise, it was approved!!! I'm totally floored. We're both shocked, and at a loss as to how we can thank everyone who has helped us with the tips and advice which surely made the difference, especially Bryanna. I know we went against the consensus by reapplying a third time in such short succession, and were ready to accept failure and build the plan for 6+ months later, but now I'm glad that we did!

LOL Super fantastic. Unbelievable. Pretty quick :):)

I'm so happy for you and your girlfriend. You took every bit of advice seriously.... and you worked really hard to get the documentation right this time

Congrats :):)

Reactions: zcypher

abugolem

May 24, 2017

great congratulations! may i just ask, was the notification (passport request) from cic receivd by your gf today on a saturday in the Philippines, and do you know the exact time you receivd the email? thank you and congratulations!