+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refusal (Spouse of International Student) PLZ HELP!

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Dear all,

I am a PhD student in Canada, with full fund. After paying tuition fees, there is $20,000/year. My wife is a teacher in China, starting working from Aug. 2012. Her monthly income is about $500. No properties in China. She has $16,000 in her account for one year, which was given by my father. In Dec. 2012, she applied for a TRV but got rejection after 20 days. The CAIPS says:

-limited/no travel history -applicant doesn't appear established in China -applicant does not appear to be bonafide student/visitor -proof of savings, modest to average, mostly recently accumulated, some support with bank transaction print out showing volatile balances -the applicant doesnt appear to have sufficient means to support their visit to Canada.

I think she is newly employed, so that is the main problem. However I have emphasized that the money was given as the martial gift (Chinese Tradition).

Currently I am thinking applying OWP, because I can not quite convince VO that my wife will get back to China after visit. We don't have any properties in China and she is newly employed. What do you think? Should I reapply for visitor visa, or apply OWP directly? Please give me some advices! Thank you!

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course, your wife can apply the second time BUT her circumstances HAVE to be changed. She should work a year , let's say, should save money, get a letter form her employer that he knows about her vacation and is expecting her to come back. Maybe she should go to school in China (also a tie with homeland), travel somewhere else. Without any changes in her biography there are no chances that she will get visa after applying the second time.

nanik

Apr 11, 2013
HeyyBro. it will not work. if your are planning for a long time stay in canada with your girlfriend in future,better wait untill you get PR and then apply for her. Don't mess up.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chenying3612 said:
Dear all,

I am a PhD student in Canada, with full fund. After paying tuition fees, there is $20,000/year. My wife is a teacher in China, starting working from Aug. 2012. Her monthly income is about $500. No properties in China. She has $16,000 in her account for one year, which was given by my father. In Dec. 2012, she applied for a TRV but got rejection after 20 days. The CAIPS says:

-limited/no travel history -applicant doesn't appear established in China -applicant does not appear to be bonafide student/visitor -proof of savings, modest to average, mostly recently accumulated, some support with bank transaction print out showing volatile balances -the applicant doesnt appear to have sufficient means to support their visit to Canada.

I think she is newly employed, so that is the main problem. However I have emphasized that the money was given as the martial gift (Chinese Tradition).

Currently I am thinking applying OWP, because I can not quite convince VO that my wife will get back to China after visit. We don't have any properties in China and she is newly employed. What do you think? Should I reapply for visitor visa, or apply OWP directly? Please give me some advices! Thank you!
This simply means they are suspecting that your wife would stay in Canada instead of going back to China. If you can prove that she will definitely go back to China after visiting you, than you can reapply again. If you give the VOs any doubts, it will be rejected.

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Johnny31 said:
This simply means they are suspecting that your wife would stay in Canada instead of going back to China. If you can prove that she will definitely go back to China after visiting you, than you can reapply again. If you give the VOs any doubts, it will be rejected.
Thanks for reply. I think 99% spouse visitor will stay in Canada after the visit. It is really hard to convince VO? Could anyone give me some suggestions about the ties?

Thank you so much!

joeb123

Jun 21, 2010
You need to apply for her an open work permit as well as a TRV.
Provide proof that she is going to stay with you while you study and she is your wife.