+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Processing times

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me What is the processing time for a new TRV if you have a valid work permit ? How can we check the processing times on the CIC website?

Thanks
Ravi

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Ravi123456 said:
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me What is the processing time for a new TRV if you have a valid work permit ? How can we check the processing times on the CIC website?

Thanks
Ravi
Hi, you can go here to check processing times: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

Keep in mind, though, that the times listed are approximate. I've had a TRV application from the U.S. (submitted online) stuck for the past 35 days without any update (processing time says 17 days).

Assuming you're applying within Canada, and per the telephone prompts, paper applications filed before July 7 (?), 2016, and online applications filed before September 7, 2016, are being processed as of today.

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Thanks for the reply @MooseNBooze.

I checked the processing times at CIC, there seems to be three categories Visitor Visa from Inside Canada, Visitor Visa from outside Canada and Visitor Extension. The times you mentioned seems to indicate that a new TRV on a valid work permit should be considered as Visitor Extension (50 days) and not Visitor Visa from Inside Canada (6 days)?

I had to travel back home(India) in December due to an emergency. Even If I apply for a new TRV right now it doesn't look like I will be able to get a new TRV by December since the processing time is 50 days. Is it possible for me travel to India and come back with my work permit and my TRV application under process?. Is there a way I can speed up the TRV application process like going to the border-flagpoling, or to Buffalo in the States etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Ravi123456 said:
Thanks for the reply @MooseNBooze.

I checked the processing times at CIC, there seems to be three categories Visitor Visa from Inside Canada, Visitor Visa from outside Canada and Visitor Extension. The times you mentioned seems to indicate that a new TRV on a valid work permit should be considered as Visitor Extension (50 days) and not Visitor Visa from Inside Canada (6 days)?

I had to travel back home(India) in December due to an emergency. Even If I apply for a new TRV right now it doesn't look like I will be able to get a new TRV by December since the processing time is 50 days. Is it possible for me travel to India and come back with my work permit and my TRV application under process?. Is there a way I can speed up the TRV application process like going to the border-flagpoling, or to Buffalo in the States etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi
Ravi,

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. I suggest you ping other forum users who are more knowledgeable, like bellaluna or Bryanna etc. Good luck.

gmtibh

Jan 5, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have applied my mothers vistor visa extension via paper submission in October 25 however I have not received any confirmation about it.
Just worried about it, Do I need to resubmitt the application visa online ?
How can I track the application status ?
My mother's vistor visa is expiring in Jan end. Pls. advise your suggestions.