+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Passport Stamping

prasadium

Nov 29, 2017
I have got the request for Passport submission on 27th of November but I have my tickets booked to India for 18th of December. Looking at the recent processing times I am not sure if I will get my passport back before the flight date even if I submit the passport today. i am planning to stay in India for a month's time before I return back so can I submit my passport in one of the India's Canada Visa office and get my stamping done before I travel back to Canada? What are the options of doing this?

Nkj222

Nov 22, 2017
@prasadium From what I've been reading in this forum, the best case to get passport back is 7-10 days, normal 15, worst case 3+ weeks. There is a possibility that you might get your passport back before your flight, but again it's risk and stressful. I'm still waiting for a response for my online application and not sure what should I do. Experts can give you a suggestion here. The biggest problem is that there is no way to contact/talk to Visa officer over phone or in-person to get any status

Can you please share the following information which at least would help me to get an idea on what I should expect?

1) Visa type : Transit or Visitor Visa?
2) Consulate : Los Angeles or New York?
3) How long it took to get your online approval?
3) Is your return flight via Canada? can you share your flight date (only when you arrive in Canada)? From your message I guess your onward flight is not via Canada :)

prasadium

Nov 29, 2017
@prasadium From what I've been reading in this forum, the best case to get passport back is 7-10 days, normal 15, worst case 3+ weeks. There is a possibility that you might get your passport back before your flight, but again it's risk and stressful. I'm still waiting for a response for my online application and not sure what should I do. Experts can give you a suggestion here. The biggest problem is that there is no way to contact/talk to Visa officer over phone or in-person to get any status

Can you please share the following information which at least would help me to get an idea on what I should expect?

1) Visa type : Transit or Visitor Visa?
2) Consulate : Los Angeles or New York?
3) How long it took to get your online approval?
3) Is your return flight via Canada? can you share your flight date (only when you arrive in Canada)? From your message I guess your onward flight is not via Canada :)
My TRV visa extension request reached Canada Consulate on 15th of November and I got my passport submission request on 27th of November.
I would be travelling to India from Canada on 18th of December and returning back on 23rd of January.
So here is the option which I am considering to take but want an expert opinion on it - Can I submit my Passport and corresponding Passport submission request letter in India even though I mentioned Canada as my current residence in the form IMM5257 qts 7 to 9.

Nkj222

Nov 22, 2017
Ok, got it, so you're already in Canada. My comments and questions was based on applications from USA. I've not been closely following threads for applications inside Canada. Hopefully, experts here might be able to provide you suggestions.

Thanks for your reply!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My TRV visa extension request reached Canada Consulate on 15th of November and I got my passport submission request on 27th of November.
I would be travelling to India from Canada on 18th of December and returning back on 23rd of January.
So here is the option which I am considering to take but want an expert opinion on it - Can I submit my Passport and corresponding Passport submission request letter in India even though I mentioned Canada as my current residence in the form IMM5257 qts 7 to 9.
A similar query with the same timelines/flight dates was answered here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visit-visa-application-from-us.530838/#post-6543403

prasadium

Nov 29, 2017
Thanks Bryanna. I can see that you posted there with this option..
2. If you think CSC might cut it too close for you, you can submit your passport to a VFS/VAC in India.

You can proactively email/contact the VFS India office (nearest to your city) + the relevant visa office in India and request them to allow to submit your passport in India. This is doable/has been done

Can you elaborote on this?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna. I can see that you posted there with this option..
2. If you think CSC might cut it too close for you, you can submit your passport to a VFS/VAC in India.

You can proactively email/contact the VFS India office (nearest to your city) + the relevant visa office in India and request them to allow to submit your passport in India. This is doable/has been done

Can you elaborote on this?
That bit about the VAC/CSC was for the OP in the other thread. He lives in the US and had applied online.

You must email CPC-O + the relevant India visa office + the VFS/VAC office nearest to your city in India to request that you can submit your passport in India

prasadium

Nov 29, 2017
That bit about the VAC/CSC was for the OP in the other thread. He lives in the US and had applied online.

You must email CPC-O + the relevant India visa office + the VFS/VAC office nearest to your city in India to request that you can submit your passport in India
I called up Indian VFS helpline to ask them if I can submit my passport in any VFS office for stamping and they said that I should get an approval letter from high commission of canada in canada stating that I can submit my passport in any VFS office in India for stamping.
Is there any route to reach the High Commission Canada in Canada to get this approval letter?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I called up Indian VFS helpline to ask them if I can submit my passport in any VFS office for stamping and they said that I should get an approval letter from high commission of canada in canada stating that I can submit my passport in any VFS office in India for stamping.
Is there any route to reach the High Commission Canada in Canada to get this approval letter?
The visa office will never issue an *approval* letter. A final decision is made only after your passport is submitted i.e. an approval will be made then.

VFS Global has used the incorrect terminology. What they meant is you must submit the *Passport Request* letter which you have already received from IRCC.

VFS staff aren't too bright. I had suggested that you email CPC-O etc etc. Have you emailed CPC-O? That is what will help you

prasadium

Nov 29, 2017
The visa office will never issue an *approval* letter. A final decision is made only after your passport is submitted i.e. an approval will be made then.

VFS Global has used the incorrect terminology. What they meant is you must submit the *Passport Request* letter which you have already received from IRCC.

I had suggested that you email CPC-O etc etc. That is what will help you
May be I misinterpreted it. But all he said to me was that I need some letter which explicitly calls out that I am fine to submit my passport at VFS location in India. If I can get this email address which you are talking about then it would be great..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
May be I misinterpreted it. But all he said to me was that I need some letter which explicitly calls out that I am fine to submit my passport at VFS location in India. If I can get this email address which you are talking about then it would be great..
Do email CPC-O at
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

You will NOT get any letter/approval letter from CPC-O. What you will get is an email stating you can submit your passport to a VFS/VAC in India.

You need to submit: Print off that email from CPC-O + the actual passport request letter + VFS fees for passport transmission

Reactions: saran107
Jan 2, 2019
Hello ... can someone help me..

My mother TRV visa -consulate (Delhi, India)
----- We received a letter from IRCC for passport submission and we have submitted the same on 6th November, 2018. thorugh VFS Canada .. they (VFS) have given us a tracking number....

Now even after more than 50 days... the tracking result just show -------- in process with IRCC...

I checked with other website and they show maximum times is 3 weeks for stamping process... Can you help me , what can be done for next to know the exact status or when they will return the passport after visa stamping...

nawabs11

Dec 8, 2020
Do email CPC-O at
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

You will NOT get any letter/approval letter from CPC-O. What you will get is an email stating you can submit your passport to a VFS/VAC in India.

You need to submit: Print off that email from CPC-O + the actual passport request letter + VFS fees for passport transmission
A long shot here
I am kind of in a similar situation. I have a passport request and I am travelling to India next week from Canada. Can I send my passport to one of the VO in India through VFS? Is that legit?

harjotmander

Jul 20, 2017
A long shot here
I am kind of in a similar situation. I have a passport request and I am travelling to India next week from Canada. Can I send my passport to one of the VO in India through VFS? Is that legit?
I am in a similar situation, I have ready many people did the same. Just wanted to know if it is still possible during COVID.
I need to travel end of this month, please advise