+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV over processing time

Auwa

Apr 2, 2024
Yes, but as a PhD student there is only limited number of days I can stay away from the university. So, I really don't want to wait forever before my visa application is processed. Is there any way to expedite the process!? Does canceling the application and re applying make sense?
No, cancelling and re-applying will only prolong the process. You can order your case officer’s internal processing notes at https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do which will hopefully reveal the reason for your visa’s delayed processing. Not much else you can do otherwise.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
My sister’s visitor visa was applicatiob was stuck for last 8 months, we had to ask our MP to enquire, after enquiry we got the decision in a month.

nashyboy143

Jul 18, 2024
Hello All, I have applied for my WP Ext(expiring Oct 2nd 2024) on June 12 and Visa Ext(Current Vis expiring on Sep 03rd 2024) on June 22nd. Both the applications are active in IRCC. Though my TRV processing time is 22 days, I havent received any update yet. its already 31 days now. On April 11th I visited US on H1 for 2 months while working with the current employer in Canada. Is this causing the delay. Did anyone face this scenario? Please suggset.

Sarashah

Mar 16, 2024
Any update?

Hi, after getting my PGWP I applied for TRV on September 17, 2023. I haven't heard anything since then. I raised a webform earlier and got a generic response about its still in process and I can check the processing time on their website. I raised webform solely because its been over 4 months which is over the processing time. Im really not sure what to do.