+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Online Application, will having a 10 year multiple entry US visa help??

Sherwin

Jun 22, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Recently last 3rd of March 2016, My Family and I had lodged online applications to CIC for TRVs~visit visas with plans to travel for the month of April 2016. We read and followed the instruction guidelines, filled up the appropriate forms, and read supplementary information on the CIC website.

The website had said that anyone applying from outside Canada (such as in our case), whose online applications originated from Dubai or Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates should expect a decision made within (I guess taking into consideration the published estimates by CIC for 80% of cases they had processed) would be seven (7) calendar days (and the site does specify "calendar days").

We had presented proof of travel from the period of 2010 to the present by submitting scanned copies of Schengen visas and entry/exit stamps from Italy, France, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, and Singapore.

Most Recently in February 2016, my family and I were fortunate to have been issued by the US Consulate of Dubai multiple entry visas to the US with a validity period of 10 years. Coupled with this, my wife and I had presented separate bank accounts with savings of CAD 24,000 (mine), and CAD 12,000 (my wife's).

Together with our educational background and employment history, we had also provided official and stamped employment certificates from our present employers which were: BP-British Petroleum and Canon. We also submitted travel itineraries and hotel bookings.

We don't have any relatives in Canada, only friends. We are Filipino Citizens and are currently holding residence visas in Dubai. I have been in the UAE for the past 12 years, My wife has been here for the past 8 years (i took her here after we got married).

My question now is, does having the 10 year multiple entry visa for the US help? will it somehow sway the deciding visa officer to lean towards granting us a similar 10 year TRV for Canada?

I am going a bit nuts and paranoid ??? because it is now the 7th calendar day and CIC hasn't updated or at least given us any info regarding progress. Would we have been better off making a paper application through a Visa Application Center like VFS? I sorta' lost interest in taking on their services when they told me that I would have to pay an extra CAD 800 (which does not include CICs processing fees) to have them process our family application. (we have an 8 month old daughter by the way)

I have been vigilantly checking MyCIC account for any changes, updates, or messages, but all it says is: the application has been "submitted" and the case being currently "open".

Any opinion about the matter would be highly appreciated. I don't mind the wait, It just feels a bit uncomfortable receiving very little updates or correspondence from CIC, a tad bit like groping in the dark.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi kabayan. It helps, but I've also seen cases of rejected TRV applications at the Canadian Embassy Manila even if the applicant has a 10-year multiple entry B1/B2.
In my case, I had already purchased a round-trip ticket between the Philippines and the US and presented it at my TRV application because my trip to Canada was in between my US trip.

However, after reading your profile, I think your TRV will be granted. Let's hope they are just simple delays and you are simply within the 20% that takes longer than 7 days.

Sherwin

Jun 22, 2013
hello kabayan bellaluna,

thank you for your reply.

Let's hope they are just simple delays and you are simply within the 20% that takes longer than 7 days.
I just hope that what you said "rings true".

I was able to get through the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi thru their phone, but only the receptionist attempted to resolve my issue. I explained my case about our worry with their correspondences, and that we might be missing out on instructions.

She explained that, of late she has been receiving similar calls about processing delays, and that we shouldn't worry. She explained that if the embassy wanted to reach us, and suspected that their website was not entirely reliable, the embassy would give us a call.

It is presently our 12th calendar day and there still hasn't been any updates or developments on MyCIC account.

Anyway, something to charge to experience. next time we'll probably just do the paper application with VFS. I'm just worried that the Canadian Embassy's decision might come too late since it's already mid March, and our planned travel is in April 2016.

Had I known that this would happen I would've just lodged paper applications with VFS. I was mislead by CIC's declaration on their website that applications made from outside Canada, specifically the UAE would only take an average of 7 calendar days.

I'm just worried that our years worth of travel plans will be inevitably disrupted due to CIC's inefficiency.

Once again thank you for your reply.

Vanityfair

Feb 16, 2016
I think your case looks promising and will be granted a visa.

but as far as i know US visas are a plus but still does not guarantee a canadian visa. I think it is the other way around that having a canadian visa is more plus points when applying for a US visa.

Please update on your passport request timelines. Usually they recommend applying 3 months prior your travel period

Sherwin

Jun 22, 2013
Eureka Everyone!

The heavens have parted and we have finally received a passport request!

Our timeline is as follows:

3rd March: Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
3rd March: Submission Confirmation
4th March: Application has been updated
10th March: Application has been updated
15th March: Original Passport Request

The question now is: whether to send this through ARAMEX or via VFS??

anyone inputs and opinions please?? experienced TRV applicants please feel free to advise, was it faster thru aramex or vfs?

Sherwin

Jun 22, 2013
and oh yeah before i forget...

a peculiar thing i noticed. As i previously said before i vigilantly check my "MyCIC" account on a daily basis. It was a good thing I religiously checked this morning because, although the PPR did come in my "MyCIC" account i noticed that this time they didn't even bother to email me on the linked email(hotmail) to my "MyCIC" account. (which was suppose to inform you if there was any messages or updates on your ongoing application)

I mean? what if i wasn't looking that frequently or as often? I would have missed (heaven forbid days or weeks) assuming that my application was still under process...

anyhow lets see how long it'll take this time to have the simple task of stamping the visa on the passport will take...

again fingers crossed ;D

Sherwin

Jun 22, 2013
Hi bellaluna!

We just submitted our passports to VFS yesterday, March 20, 2016. We received an sms this morning (21 March 2016) at 7:39 AM saying that our passports have been received by the Canadian Visa Office in Abu Dhabi for processing.

Let's see how long it'll take...