+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Online Application Doubt

icegman

Jun 4, 2013
Hi

I am applying for a TRV as a visitor. I have few doubts regarding submitting some documents. I have to upload a flight ticket, if applicable, and/or my itinerary. But we want to plan our tour and book a ticket only when we get our TRV.
Not uploading an itinerary or a flight ticket technically shouldn't be a problem right?

1ne

Jul 18, 2013
Honestly I think itinerary is the least thing you need to worry about. You need to show strong ties to your home country, assets, sufficient funds to sustain yourself during your travel. The VO will look for any reason they think you might not leave Canada at the end of your visit.

HTH

icegman

Jun 4, 2013
Hmm fine. ive pretty much got everything else covered
They've also asked for proof of purpose and included examples like invitation letter.
I kinda find this stupid cause what if someone wants to just visit canada for pure pleasure with no family or friends there (my case exactly).
I have no clue what to upload there o_O

1ne

Jul 18, 2013
If that is your case, then that is the way you will present it to the Visa Office. You are being honest.

You need to upload something in that slot otherwise it won't show the next button. Just upload a simple document stating your claims. My 0.02.

HTH

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
We are also assisting with an online application for a relative. My take on the Proof of Purpose is that since it is actually labelled "Proof of Purpose - Other", then it only needs an upload if the purpose of your visit is categorized as "Other" as so chosen on a previous form that Validates. We plan to upload nothing for that one.

icegman

Jun 4, 2013
Oh well thats fine.
Also the Family Representative Form and the Family Information Form needs to be signed.
As I'm doing online is it required?
Cause for the TRV made outside there's something called validate and stuff but for the 2 forms i mentioned there's nothing.

jammy915

Dec 16, 2012
icegman said:
Oh well thats fine.
Also the Family Representative Form and the Family Information Form needs to be signed.
As I'm doing online is it required?
Cause for the TRV made outside there's something called validate and stuff but for the 2 forms i mentioned there's nothing.

Hi Icegman,
u don't have to sign any form if you're applying online,
u will be asked to sign electronically after u finish all the uploads,
u will find u can enter nothing into the Signature part, so do not need to sign by hand.

Hope my reply helps. :)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Yes, proving strong ties to home is essential. Read all you can on forum about refusals to avoid the pitfalls. NOT having anyone to visit in Canada is actually a blessing as having friends/relatives strengthens the tie TO Canada. It IS important to have a thorough itinerary to show good reasons for your visit.