+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (in Canada)

Iaf71

May 28, 2020
Hey guys!
I just got my study permit extension this month and have applied for a TRV (visitor visa) about a week ago. The current processing time on the IRCC website is 43 days, so I was wondering does anyone have any idea about what the status of in Canada TRV applications is right now. I mean are they being processed, and has someone been approved recently within the last month or two after this pandemic started? If yes, could you please share you timeline as well?
Have been planning to go back home by next month or so, was waiting for the study permit extension previously and now on this visa approval.

Please share if you’ve got something.
Thanks!

Vidasl

Jun 8, 2020
Hey guys!
I just got my study permit extension this month and have applied for a TRV (visitor visa) about a week ago. The current processing time on the IRCC website is 43 days, so I was wondering does anyone have any idea about what the status of in Canada TRV applications is right now. I mean are they being processed, and has someone been approved recently within the last month or two after this pandemic started? If yes, could you please share you timeline as well?
Have been planning to go back home by next month or so, was waiting for the study permit extension previously and now on this visa approval.

Thanks!
Hi. I am in the same boat. I applied to renew my TRV on April 6th but I have not receive anything yet. When I call immigration they tell me that my application has been approved on May 13th but because CPC ottawa is so busy now there is some delay to the applications and it will take time to send the passport request letter. I planned to go back to my home country but with this happening right now I think I might not be able to come back in summer break. That’s really frustrating the situation right now!

Iaf71

May 28, 2020
Hi. I am in the same boat. I applied to renew my TRV on April 6th but I have not receive anything yet. When I call immigration they tell me that my application has been approved on May 13th but because CPC ottawa is so busy now there is some delay to the applications and it will take time to send the passport request letter. I planned to go back to my home country but with this happening right now I think I might not be able to come back in summer break. That’s really frustrating the situation right now!
Absolutely man, can fully relate to your frustrations, been waiting for months myself. Moreover, did you submit an application for an extension of your TRV or for a whole new TRV?

Vidasl

Jun 8, 2020
Absolutely man, can fully relate to your frustrations, been waiting for months myself. Moreover, did you submit an application for an extension of your TRV or for a whole new TRV?
I don’t think that there is a difference cause in CIC website there is only on section for temporary resident visa inside Canada

Iaf71

May 28, 2020
there is a difference. extension is when you already have a visa, where as securing a TRV is different.
Yeah exactly, and the processing time is also way more than a normal TRV, 134 days for an extension in contrast to 46 days for a TRV.

ebrohi

Jun 21, 2020
Hey guys!

Thanks!

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hey bro. have you received your passport request? If yes, then at what date.

Thanks