+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

arthur25

Aug 31, 2021
Applied on 18th of April for TRV. Work permit valid.
Sent 1 request to review my application up ahead at early August, received reply around 20th of the same month (pretty generic acknowledgement).
Received request to get passport sent to ministry on 25th of August, sent same day.
Now waiting for passport to be back.

Hope this helps someone.

Alliswell_2021

Aug 3, 2021
I applied for trv on 5th February and travelled back to India and got PR approval on 1st March 2021, I informed them that I am in India they said your status is foreign nationals and I have a valid work permit till January 2022 but now My trv application is canceled and I got letter which says you already became PR on 1st March we will send more details. Is anyone know what to do next ? @urvishmehta92 any inputs? as you are in the same situation
If you have approval for PR, you might have received a copr. Have you called ircc? Have you tried applying PRTD?

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I reached out to my MP. May be they tried contacting earlier to the IRCC for someone. They saw me the automated response which they are getting from the IRCC right now.

IRCC RESPONSE

*** URGENT - This is an automated message ***

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators (ICMPS).
Due to the current events, many of our resources have been redirected to support the Afghanistan dedicated phone line. As a result, you will not get a reply to this enquiry. A limited amount of agents remain available for telephone enquiries related to urgent cases only until further notice.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support and collaboration during these difficult times.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

It seems god closed all the possible doors. I tried almost everything phone call, email, fax, webform and MP office. By the way I found the fax number online and I tried using online fax service but it wasn't working. Delivery was failing for some reasons. They asked me to contact after election as they are not sure when IRCC will start responding to their inquires. I have to contact the respective MP after election so it can be them or someone else as well. I am just worried that not all MPs are helpful. The one which I contacted responded me next day to all my inquires and they were friendly (assistant & MP).

Last edited:

Alliswell_2021

Aug 3, 2021
I have work permit till january 2022 and also have copr but in cic account it says 'document is invalid'
Okay. Dont worry! Cic account may be showing technical error.
What about your pr card? Is that on the way? They might have asked your photo and present address for that, right? Please inform your pr processing office and ircc about this.

krushit_patel

Nov 5, 2020
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Okay. Dont worry! Cic account may be showing technical error.
What about your pr card? Is that on the way? They might have asked your photo and present address for that, right? Please inform your pr processing office and ircc about this.
I am not in Canada when I got COPR I informed IRCC office that I am in India and they send me an email that 'we are reversing your status to foreign national' and now according to trv cancellation letter 'I am a permanent resident of canada '. I don't understand what is this ?

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I am not in Canada when I got COPR I informed IRCC office that I am in India and they send me an email that 'we are reversing your status to foreign national' and now according to trv cancellation letter 'I am a permanent resident of canada '. I don't understand what is this ?
It is just misunderstanding of TRV unit. They are thinking that you are PR however your virtual landing is not completed. You will have to explain this to the IRCC and then they will re-consider your TRV application. Another option is that you wait until IRCC starts issuing COPRs to outalnd applicants and then they will issue COPR and PR visa to travel and you can complete the landing at airport.

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
Applied on 18th of April for TRV. Work permit valid.
Sent 1 request to review my application up ahead at early August, received reply around 20th of the same month (pretty generic acknowledgement).
Received request to get passport sent to ministry on 25th of August, sent same day.
Now waiting for passport to be back.

Hope this helps someone.
Please let us know when your visa counterfoil generates and also when you receive your passport on hand. I sent my passport to IRCC on 27 Aug.