+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse

vkts_93

Feb 15, 2021
Hi, I applied for spousal sponsorship for my wife and got the AOR recently, I'm planning to apply for TRV for my wife. However, my wife also accepted a job transfer to Canada and the employer is willing to sponsor her a work permit and TRV. Should I hold back on applying TRV from my side? Will there be a clash here?

Cchisom

Sep 26, 2024
Did
Hi, I applied for spousal sponsorship for my wife and got the AOR recently, I'm planning to apply for TRV for my wife. However, my wife also accepted a job transfer to Canada and the employer is willing to sponsor her a work permit and TRV. Should I hold back on applying TRV from my side? Will there be a clash here?
Did you apply ?

ramz

Nov 7, 2014
Hey, that’s awesome about the AOR. I’d say go for the TRV application on your end, too. My partner had a similar situation, and we applied for both a sponsorship and a work permit at the same time. It ended up working out fine. Just make sure all the details line up on both applications. Keeping options open can only help, but definitely check in with an immigration consultant for peace of mind.

Reactions: Cchisom