+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse from India

Jay1782

Aug 16, 2014
Hello,

I am an International Student in Toronto. I came here in May 2014. I have just finished my 1st Semester. I need to invite my wife from India. So she needs to apply for TRV (Student Dependent) from India. Questions I have are:
1) Is it right time to apply for TRV as its just 3 months since I came here?
2) What are the necessary documents which she needs to provide from India?
3) What documents do I have to send from Canada?
Most IMP question:
4) Do I need to show accommodation arrangements here in Canada and send legal documents to India about accommodation arrangement?

I need advice please.

Feedback is appreciated.
Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jay1782 said:
Hello,

I am an International Student in Toronto. I came here in May 2014. I have just finished my 1st Semester. I need to invite my wife from India. So she needs to apply for TRV (Student Dependent) from India. Questions I have are:
1) Is it right time to apply for TRV as its just 3 months since I came here?
2) What are the necessary documents which she needs to provide from India?
3) What documents do I have to send from Canada?
Most IMP question:
4) Do I need to show accommodation arrangements here in Canada and send legal documents to India about accommodation arrangement?

I need advice please.

Feedback is appreciated.
Thank you.
1. Anytime, it doesn't matter when you apply.
2. See: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/trv-apply_demande-vrt.aspx
3. An invitation letter, proof of your status, proof of funds to maintain her.
4. No, New Delhi, will assume you aren't living in a tent or on the street.
5. She is going have to prove her ties to India, job, house, living arrangements.

ankris

Jul 28, 2014
Hi PMM,

I have a confusion here - I understand that TRV takes lesser time and can be converted to SOWP on reaching Canada. Then why will anyone appl for SOWP.
Also, what all we can include to show your ties to home country other thank fixed assets.

Jay1782

Aug 16, 2014
Hi PMM,

Thank you for the information.

May I know if I will have to include Itinerary in the file?

As she will b applying for the stay of my duration of the course.

And if she is not working in India, are there chances for rejection, or what other documents can we put to show ties?

My Mother-in-law will be sponsoring her visit, will it be good idea?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ankris said:
Hi PMM,

I have a confusion here - I understand that TRV takes lesser time and can be converted to SOWP on reaching Canada. Then why will anyone appl for SOWP.
Also, what all we can include to show your ties to home country other thank fixed assets.
I have no idea why someone would apply for SOWP overseas when they need a TRV to enter Canada. If/when they get a TRV, if they have sufficient proof they can apply for a SOWP on entry or inland.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jay1782 said:
Hi PMM,

Thank you for the information.

May I know if I will have to include Itinerary in the file?

As she will b applying for the stay of my duration of the course.

And if she is not working in India, are there chances for rejection, or what other documents can we put to show ties?

My Mother-in-law will be sponsoring her visit, will it be good idea?
1. No.
2. Pretty good chance of rejection if she has no ties to her home country, job, property.
3. Not really, as she coming to be with her spouse, if you don't have the funds to support her, then it is unlikely that her mother would be a suitable sponsor if she is not in Canada.

Jay1782

Aug 16, 2014
Hi,

By property, do you mean that it should be on her name?

And I think I do have sufficient funds in my Canada account, and also we (Me and My wife) have funds in our joint account in India.

In that case sponsoring is not required,right?

Do I have to submit her Educational Documents as well?

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
Hello,

I dont want to discourage you but I am in India for the past two years and applied dependent visa twice as I wanted to visit my husband who was studying in canada.

I am also doing a job here and still VO's were not satisfied with my reasons to visit canada. Although we presented all the required docs but they rejected my visa application. So the mantra is : Keep calm and apply after you are done with ur studies and u get a job.
Even we are going to do the same.

M

mikeymyke

neha.palia said:
Hello,

I dont want to discourage you but I am in India for the past two years and applied dependent visa twice as I wanted to visit my husband who was studying in canada.

I am also doing a job here and still VO's were not satisfied with my reasons to visit canada. Although we presented all the required docs but they rejected my visa application. So the is : Keep calm and apply after you are done with ur studies and u get a job.
Even we are going to do the same.
I've read your old posts and to be fair, I think you didn't do enough to convince them you're eligible for the TRV.

-You were refused because of length of stay: you asked to stay for 2 months instead of a few weeks
-Travel history: you've never entered countries that required a visa to enter, and/or you don't travel enough to other countries that don't require a visa
-Personal funds and assets: you don't own property or a business, and you kept showing your husband and dad's bank accounts, who have way more money than your own

You kept saying that you have a good job, so shouldn't that be enough to convince them you will return? But remember they never refused you because of your job.

No need to discourage people to apply for a TRV, it is difficult to be approved if you're married or engaged, but its definitely not impossible. Key things are to submit the right documents, be honest, ask for only a few weeks stay (you might even be lucky enough to get a multiple TRV just by asking for a few weeks), show only your bank account with your funds only (no borrowing from anyone or have someone deposit $ in your account), and submit lots of extra documents that CIC does not ask for to prove your case, such as letters from you to CIC detailing why you're a legitimate tourist, criminal records from your country, photos of you and your husband, etc.

ankris

Jul 28, 2014
Thanks Mikey...
your message is definitely encouraging....

My husband will be sponsoring my trip and will show funds in his account and property in his name.
I do have a job and funds in my account but not enough to sponsor my trip.
In this case my husband is giving an udnerstaking for sponsoring my trip and stay in Canada.
Please advise if you think otherwise.

Also, since I want to apply TRV to accompany my spouse and not just to visit him..what should be my duration of visit. It shoudl ideally be till end of my husband's study permit. Please advise.

Jay1782

Aug 16, 2014
My spouse put file tor the TRV and she got Visa within 3 days only. I did nothing special for that. All documents were normal and simple enough.

Thank God!