+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for my younger Brother who's in High School

footballfan

Dec 10, 2008
Hello all-
My younger brother is currently in high school,and he wants to come for a visit during his summer vacation for 2 months. I will write him a letter of invitation and provide all the necessary documentations needed by CIC. Our parents still live back home and they support him in school.

Now my question is, what are the chances of him getting a visitor's visa? What kind of information does he have to show to them (CIC) to convince them that he'll return after 2 months?

Was anybody able to secure a TRV for their sibling who's in high school? If yes, what kind of information did you provide?

Thanks a lot for your responses!

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
footballfan said:
Hello all-
My younger brother is currently in high school,and he wants to come for a visit during his summer vacation for 2 months. I will write him a letter of invitation and provide all the necessary documentations needed by CIC. Our parents still live back home and they support him in school.

Now my question is, what are the chances of him getting a visitor's visa? What kind of information does he have to show to them (CIC) to convince them that he'll return after 2 months?

Was anybody able to secure a TRV for their sibling who's in high school? If yes, what kind of information did you provide?

Thanks a lot for your responses!
- I am not experienced in this case. However, below are my opinions:
Get a letter from his school mentioning that he is a student of the school and there is a vacation for mentioned period. There will be no problem if he takes leave during this time. Or visit to canada. His admission will not be affected for this reason.

Get a notarized copy from your parents. Letter of no objection. Ask your parents to declare that there will be no problem if he visit his brother during his vacation. In this letter also proof the relationship between you, your brother and your parents.

Provide his birth certificate to prove your parents and his identity. Also provide your birth certificate. This will proof the same parents.

Provide invitation letter from you. Mention about your intention and your brother's intention clearly in it.

Provide your employment letter, pay stubs, tax papers (notice of assessment), letter or copy of your apartment/house where he will stay etc.

Remember that each case is evaluated depending on its merit. So you will never know the outcome of your case unless you try. Do not generalize or compare with others. Make your case strong and everything will be fine.

Good luck.