+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for a university student supported by brother?

Yoraee

Apr 26, 2017
Hey all

My sister and I are planning to visit our third sister who lives in Toronto. I myself am a PR holder but do not live in Canada right now. Our application was refused due to

1) Purpose of visit - this was our mistake as we did not include a day by day plan of what we'll do

2) Financial Status - my sister is still in college and doesn't have a bank account. In our application I had my brother write her a letter of financial support and include his 6-month bank statement showing sufficient funds. I also included a letter from her university stating that she is an active student there.

We are planning to resubmit. The first refusal reason I believe we can cover since we already have tours and activities planned, but the second one I am honestly not sure what to do about. Should i write a letter and state that I will financially support her instead, as I will be travelling with her?

Thanking you in advance for suggestions and input :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Purpose of visit means IRCC has concerns she has plans on remaining in Canada long term. It likely won't be enough to show a day to day plan of what she plans to do while in Canada. She most likely also needs to demonstrate stronger ties to her home country. Given one sibling is already in Canada and you have PR - IRCC is probably assuming she has plans to stay in Canada too.

shmsher

Oct 2, 2016
I am PR holder in Winnipeg. I applied for trv for my mother home maker and brother who is university student. My mother passport was returned back with 10 year visa multiple entry. my brother got passport empty without any letter or email about any refusal. so i asked for gcms notes from act to imformation act by paying 5 dollars. i got gcms notes which shows my brother ws issued visa for 10 years with multiple entry. it showed visa was printed was passport was empty. so i email delhi embassy back and they called my brother to submit just passport so that they can print counterfoil on it. yeaaaahhh!

Yoraee

Apr 26, 2017
I am PR holder in Winnipeg. I applied for trv for my mother home maker and brother who is university student. My mother passport was returned back with 10 year visa multiple entry. my brother got passport empty without any letter or email about any refusal. so i asked for gcms notes from act to imformation act by paying 5 dollars. i got gcms notes which shows my brother ws issued visa for 10 years with multiple entry. it showed visa was printed was passport was empty. so i email delhi embassy back and they called my brother to submit just passport so that they can print counterfoil on it. yeaaaahhh!
Interesting! Unfortunately in my case it was clear in the letter that the application is refused. We're preparing a strong letter of explanation showing that she has no intention or benefit in overstaying in Canada.

I am curious, in your case, what documents did you provide for your brother? Also did you apply for him or was he the primary applicant?