+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV expiring soon!

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello experts

My spouse and i are here on SOWP and PGWP. Both TRVs are expiring in Jan 2024 so we are a bit anxious on what to do. Our combined CRS is 454 and mine alone CRS is 473. Due to the low score, i am currently in the pool alone with an unaccompanied spouse at CRS 473. I do have a few questions below in this regard and would be extremely grateful if anyone can provide proper guidance on this:
1. In case i get the ITA before visa expiry, is there a public policy by which i can apply for my spouse to remain in Canada?
2. In case if i don't get an ITA by then, what steps can we take to remain in Canada?
3. If the draw happens at a score lower than our combined score e.g. 450, can i add my spouse after receiving ITA even though i am in the pool with unaccompanied spouse at score 473?

Thank you for your precious time to guide me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello experts

My spouse and i are here on SOWP and PGWP. Both TRVs are expiring in Jan 2024 so we are a bit anxious on what to do. Our combined CRS is 454 and mine alone CRS is 473. Due to the low score, i am currently in the pool alone with an unaccompanied spouse at CRS 473. I do have a few questions below in this regard and would be extremely grateful if anyone can provide proper guidance on this:
1. In case i get the ITA before visa expiry, is there a public policy by which i can apply for my spouse to remain in Canada?
2. In case if i don't get an ITA by then, what steps can we take to remain in Canada?
3. If the draw happens at a score lower than our combined score e.g. 450, can i add my spouse after receiving ITA even though i am in the pool with unaccompanied spouse at score 473?

Thank you for your precious time to guide me
1. There is no public policy at this time for your specific situation. You need to receive ITA, submit your complete application, receive AOR, and then submit the BOWP application - all before your PGWP expires. If you can qualify for a BOWP then your spouse can qualify for a SOWP extension.
2. Change your status to visitors and remain without working. Or alternatively find an employer willing to go through the LMIA process so you can switch to a closed work permit (or convince your current employer to go through the LMIA process). Or alternatively look into the PNP programs for the province where you are living.
3. Yes, you can change your spouse to accompanying later.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay