+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Declined: depressed

Feb 4, 2010
My aunt applied for a visitors visa today at the Ghanaian Embassy and got declined. I was really looking forward to her comming. The reject reasons were lack of travel history(she had travelled extensively in the past but did not attach her old passports, so i blame her) Her employment status(She is employed as a catering officer for a school) and they said her finanacial status The VSO stated that they were not satisfied that she had sufficient funds for the trip. I stated that we would foot the bill She was leaving behinde her kids and grandkids for a 6 week holiday. The upsetting part is i have a friend whose husband is on a student visa, she is unemployed and pregnant they were able to put $10k in their bank account and the girls mother got a visa.
I give up

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You aunt definitely should have included copies of her old passports if she has travelled extensively. Is there a reason she didn't do this or was it just a mistake on her part?

What evidence did she include to prove she is employed?

What evidence did she include to prove that you have the funds to support her stay in Canada?

Did she show proof of any other assets (e.g. properties owned, assets held)?

Feb 4, 2010
She did show a letter from her employer confirming how long she had worked with the company and that she was taking her vacation, she included her own bank statement that just showed her salary going in and out of the account(though not much) and she included her husbands bank statement which is quite healthy. She didnt include her old passport because she didnt know it was required. I did state in my invite that i would be supporting her travel. I am so dejected that am not too sure if I want to go through the process again