+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Courier Issue

snehm

Dec 6, 2018
I applied for a TRV and it has been approved on 5th December. However, one mistake that i made was that i sent it by private courier and also attached a private courier envelope with my passport due to the Canada Post strike. Does anybody know if there are chances of them sending out the passport through the envelope that i sent or will they only send it through Canada post?

King.bill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
I applied for a TRV and it has been approved on 5th December. However, one mistake that i made was that i sent it by private courier and also attached a private courier envelope with my passport due to the Canada Post strike. Does anybody know if there are chances of them sending out the passport through the envelope that i sent or will they only send it through Canada post?
They will send it using the prepaid envelope you provided. You will be fine :)

snehm

Dec 6, 2018
They will send it using the prepaid envelope you provided. You will be fine :)
OMG are you sure?? I sent a FedEx envelope and i am so confused because one customer service rep said that they will only send it via canada post and the other customer service rep said that there is a possibility that they would send it through the envelope i provided.

King.bill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
OMG are you sure?? I sent a FedEx envelope and i am so confused because one customer service rep said that they will only send it via canada post and the other customer service rep said that there is a possibility that they would send it through the envelope i provided.
Yes, your passport will make it's way to you! Lol

Reactions: snehm

kiki.9930

Dec 7, 2018
my passport was couriered on 29 nov to Ottawa and the back courier has not been activated yet.
do you know how much time is the cpc taking to return the passports back

snehm

Dec 6, 2018
Hi, im in the same position as you. Did you end up getting it returned by fedex? and also how long after you were approved online did the fedex tracker update?

Thanks
Hi!
I called CIC this morning and they said that the dispatch was processed through the FedEx envelope and that it should get activated anytime soon!! :)

My application was approved on Thursday, 6th December.

Last edited:

visabee11

Jul 6, 2014
Hi!
I called CIC this morning and they said that the dispatch was processed through the FedEx envelope and that it should get activated anytime soon!! :)

My application was approved on Thursday, 6th December.

Hi, So does this mean they are sending items back through fedex? Please do let me know if your fedex tracker was activated and showing something. Im sure it will give us all a sigh of relief!

snehm

Dec 6, 2018
Hi, So does this mean they are sending items back through fedex? Please do let me know if your fedex tracker was activated and showing something. Im sure it will give us all a sigh of relief!
Hi! Yes they sent my passport back through the FedEx envelope and is scheduled to arrive today! :) Dont worry, i'm sure the same would apply to you as well.