+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV April Applicants

mehrdadmf

Apr 12, 2017
My wife and I applied online on 1st of April.
we did biometrics on 7th of April.
My wife received her passport submission letter on 11th of April but I haven't.
However, In the part FINAL DECISION of my online profile, when I click on the question mark, it is written that:

(We have reached a final decision on your application.
If your application is approved, we will send you instructions on what to do next.
These instructions will be sent to your account.
If your application is refused, we will send you the reason(s) for the refusal.)

It is weird though, if they reached to a decision why I have not received the submission request as well? if they haven't why it is indicated that they have reached a final decision. It's confusing to me.
Actually I was the main applicant and uploaded all financial documents and employment contract, while my wife is only student without any financial document :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mehrdadmf said:
My wife and I applied online on 1st of April.
we did biometrics on 7th of April.
My wife received her passport submission letter on 11th of April but I haven't.
However, In the part FINAL DECISION of my online profile, when I click on the question mark, it is written that:

(We have reached a final decision on your application.
If your application is approved, we will send you instructions on what to do next.
These instructions will be sent to your account.
If your application is refused, we will send you the reason(s) for the refusal.)

It is weird though, if they reached to a decision why I have not received the submission request as well? if they haven't why it is indicated that they have reached a final decision. It's confusing to me.
Actually I was the main applicant and uploaded all financial documents and employment contract, while my wife is only student without any financial document :)
Hi,

You've misunderstood the 'question mark' or the Help feature. This is a generic explanation to help anyone to understand what to expect at the 'Final decision' stage.

Your application is still under processing. A final decision has not been taken as yet.

If your application is likely to get approved, you will receive a passport request.... after you submit your passport/TRV is stamped, the 'Final decision' status will change to 'Approved/closed'

Cheers

Reactions: mirahe94

virksukhpal

Aug 17, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
ott-pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2nd 2009
Doc's Request.
march 31st 2012
Med's Request
sep 19th 2012
Med's Done....
oct 3rd 2012
Passport Req..
dec 5th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 11 but passport recv. on feb 20th 2013
LANDED..........
first week of may
rj2301 said:
If you have established strong financial ties to the origin country, there shouldn't be any problem.
I personally do not have any experience, but as far as I know, applying for an additional family member won't affect your chance of approval, somebody who had similar situation can share their experience.
Well last oct i sponsered my mom's sister(50 years old). Her family 2 kids and husband were in india for family ties.She didnt have any travel history. Her financial situation wasnt that great either. But on my part i sent every document i could with letter of invitation saying she will stay with me for 3 months . Got the passport within 2 weeks with 10 year multiple visa. As for making additional application doesn't make any difference. As long as the person who sponsered u have a sound background and tax returns. Given someone travelling with whole family needs much stronger financial background and family ties back home.

mehrdadmf

Apr 12, 2017
Bryanna said:
Hi,

You've misunderstood the 'question mark' or the Help feature. This is a generic explanation to help anyone to understand what to expect at the 'Final decision' stage.

Your application is still under processing. A final decision has not been taken as yet.

If your application is likely to get approved, you will receive a passport request.... after you submit your passport/TRV is stamped, the 'Final decision' status will change to 'Approved/closed'

Cheers
Thanks for your reply. But how do you explain the fact that my wife received her pass request but I haven't. As I was the main applicant and she was the depended (family member 1). Isn't her approval somehow depended on mine? I am currently living in the Netherlands and the processing time is 12 days which is passed already.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mehrdadmf said:
Thanks for your reply. But how do you explain the fact that my wife received her pass request but I haven't. As I was the main applicant and she was the depended (family member 1). Isn't her approval somehow depended on mine? I am currently living in the Netherlands and the processing time is 12 days which is passed already.
Each TRV application is evaluated individually. TRVs do not follow the "dependent-can-be-approved-only-if-the-main-applicant-is-approved" rule.

As your individual situation is not known to us, it is difficult to guess why your application is taking longer to process. It would depend on your specifics: For example, your immigration status in your country of residence, if you've traveled to/lived in a high-risk country, if you've worked in defense services/police, etc

avs189

Apr 18, 2017
Awaiting my passport to be dispatched from VAC.

CIC has provided the visitor visa till the duration of my passport expiry.

mehrdadmf

Apr 12, 2017
Bryanna said:
Each TRV application is evaluated individually. TRVs do not follow the "dependent-can-be-approved-only-if-the-main-applicant-is-approved" rule.

As your individual situation is not known to us, it is difficult to guess why your application is taking longer to process. It would depend on your specifics: For example, your immigration status in your country of residence, if you've traveled to/lived in a high-risk country, if you've worked in defense services/police, etc
Thanks for your explanation. Actually I lived in Denmark for 2.5 years with student permit from 2013, and currently I'm living in the Netherlands with work permit from 2016. However i had mandatory military service in 2011 for 1.5 years in my homecountry Iran.
Do you still think this is the background check that delayed my application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mehrdadmf said:
Thanks for your explanation. Actually I lived in Denmark for 2.5 years with student permit from 2013, and currently I'm living in the Netherlands with work permit from 2016. However i had mandatory military service in 2011 for 1.5 years in my homecountry Iran.
Do you still think this is the background check that delayed my application?
Maybe the visa office has sought information from Denmark and/or Iran.

As your application has crossed the processing time, do send a Case Specific Enquiry to the Vienna visa office. If IRCC is running background checks then you will get a response that says so. Or, hopefully the visa office will expedite the processing after receiving your CSE

Maria123

Apr 20, 2017
virksukhpal said:
Anyone applied around April 11th? Did u get any updates. I know its bit early.
I also submitted my application on 11th April, 2017, submitted my biometrics till 13th April but haven't had any update on my online application.

blessed_one78

Apr 14, 2017
Good day all,

I submitted my Application on April 10 and did my Biometric on April 11. I got message this morning to submit my passport for final processing.

I really hope that all those who are awaiting message to submit passport get a reply soon.

All the best.

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
I submitted the paper application for myself,wife and my 4 yr daughter on 19th April. And the status says the file is in process at Bangalore. Let's see when there's a fresh update.

Is there any one who has applied around 19th April?

mehrdadmf

Apr 12, 2017
Bryanna said:
Maybe the visa office has sought information from Denmark and/or Iran.

As your application has crossed the processing time, do send a Case Specific Enquiry to the Vienna visa office. If IRCC is running background checks then you will get a response that says so. Or, hopefully the visa office will expedite the processing after receiving your CSE
I already sent CSE but haven't received any reply from them.
How long does the background check normally take?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mehrdadmf said:
I already sent CSE but haven't received any reply from them.
How long does the background check normally take?
It could take up to 30 days to get a reply to a CSE.

Background checks could take from a few weeks to a few months (depending on the information that IRCC has sought)

Jeremy3d

Apr 22, 2017
Hello all

I have intentions to submit and online application for visitor visa to Canada for 2 weeks. I have been married with my wife which is a Canadian citizen for more 2 years. Now she is pregnant with our first child, due date on June 9th and this is the main reason why I want to go to be there when she be delivering.
my question is there is any chance? I'm filling the online application and I'm submitting:

1- Work letter staying that I work for Conduent as Financial Services Operation Manager, yearly salary and the time I've working there.
2- Passport with 10 year U.S. visa and the travels that I've made to the States
3- My banking statements and credit card statement
4- Invitation letter from my Wife who's in maternity leave and an invitation letter from her family staying that they will support too as well
5- air flight ticket (showing dates to and from Canada)
6- Register of the car that I own.
7- Married Certificate, family history
8- Wife's doctor letter supporting her due date.
9- Self explanatory letter ( I brief explanation letter from myself)

I'll appreciate any feedback

Thanks In advance
Jeremy B.