+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV and Open Work Permit for Spouse.

konware

Jan 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am new to Canada and was hoping that some one here in the forum could help me with my situation.

I got my PhD degree from Italy and then got a job offer from Canada. I applied for my and my wife's (She is an engineer as well) TRV and Work permit in Canadian embassy in Italy.

We both got our TRV. I got 2 year work permit approval with a company and my wife got 2 year open work permit approval from the Canadian embassy in Italy. However, the problem was with my wife's passport. The passport is supposed to expire in April 2014 and therefore, the embassy said that right now, we are issuing TRV till April, 2014. When I came to canada and went to the immigration office at Halifax. They issued me 2 year work permit but issued my wife open work permit valid till April, 2014.

My wife has got a new renewed passport now. What should I do to get a new TRV and an open work permit for her? I am a bit worried because I can not find information on what to do as we are right now living with in Canada.
Couple of quick questions?
1) Please tell me, what should be done to get TRV and open work permit for my wife?

2) Will my wife become illegal in Canada after April 2014 without valid TRV and valid open work permit (I remind you that the Canadian embassy gave her 2 years open work permit approval and I have that letter) ?

3) Which office should I contact? CIC or Service Canada.

I will highly appreciate all the help.

Thank you

TajD

Dec 29, 2013
Konware best way is to call Nova Scotia Immigration office. Tel: (902) 424-5230 & they can give you best advice.