Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Guys, I just have been nominated by SINP. I made an work permit extension application on November 10, 2012 without any LMO or PNP but attached my full time employment letter and mentioned that I have applied for SINP and waiting for nomination. On December 6, 2012 my post graduate work permit expired and on the same day (6th Dec) I received my SINP nomination later in evening. Next day I called CIC and they said I need to restore my status with new application based on nomination irrespective of the one I made earlier, I made new extension application on 15th december 2012. Now trouble is when I called CIC today they say that, my first application on 10th Nov will surely get rejected as it was made only to get implied status and as soon as I hear decision, I need to stop working till my second one (15th december, 2012) gets approved.

There is big gap between my two applications of more than a month and I can't stop working as I work for big organization, its not matter of time or money but my committment and trust to my employer as I wont loose much but the organization would suffer in terms of work as its management work and I will have big questionmark over my future in terms of immigration and employment.

Please advise what should I do ?? I am in big trouble as I spoke to both CIC and SINP but no one is ready to help.

Supertramp048

Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 5, 2012 (federal)
Nomination.....
7 april, 2012
AOR Received.
june 20, 2012
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
not known
Med's Request
20 june, 2012
Med's Done....
26 june 2012,, In process June 24, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
September 19, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
i am in canada applicant
It seems like there is nothing much can be done (unless someone suggests it to you) about CIC situation other than to wait.....But you can talk to your compnay and volunteer there for the period CIC is asking you to quit the work.....Thats what I can think of dude

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already in Canada (28/09/2010)
Maybe you could call CIC and ask to cancel both applications and then go to north portal on a day off to get your work visa. Takes about 15 minutes to get your work permit there. That's what I did and most other people who were on a time crunch. I don't know if you could go there without trouble as you applied online twice therefore my sugestion to call CIC and ask.

chimbombo

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
Nomination.....
02-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
15-09-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi

I was in a similar situation as you. The difference was at that time I was waiting for the out-off campus work permit to start working in the company that I'm still working until today. This happened in 2010.

My only option to keep my employment was to sacrifice, talk with my manager and work for free for almost 3 months until I received the off campus work permit. I have been employed since then.

At least during that period. They gave me gift cards for the super store. So, I could buy food.

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
JCS..Can you please advise me where is North Portal located ? I am in Regina, Saskatchewan and pretty much unfamiliar with these things. I called CIC but 2 back to back days with 2 different call centre agents but they don't even reply properly. I requested them to keep my both application fees but combine my both applications for approval but they say that can't be done and I have to stop work as soon as my 1st application gets rejected. I am fine to do volunteer work but I don't know my employer would agree or not. CIC says sometimes if you are lucky, verification officer may contact you and ask you to submit supporting document such as LMO or PNP if you did not submit initially but it all depends on case to case. I am still ready to go to North Portal or other place if I can get rid of this issue. Please let me know. Thanks a lot !

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Thanks guys for your advises...Can I work volunteer legally ? I am not sure but at the same time scared a little bit.

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
DK84 said:
JCS..Can you please advise me where is North Portal located ? I am in Regina, Saskatchewan and pretty much unfamiliar with these things. I called CIC but 2 back to back days with 2 different call centre agents but they don't even reply properly. I requested them to keep my both application fees but combine my both applications for approval but they say that can't be done and I have to stop work as soon as my 1st application gets rejected. I am fine to do volunteer work but I don't know my employer would agree or not. CIC says sometimes if you are lucky, verification officer may contact you and ask you to submit supporting document such as LMO or PNP if you did not submit initially but it all depends on case to case. I am still ready to go to North Portal or other place if I can get rid of this issue. Please let me know. Thanks a lot !
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/contact/listing/offices/office604-e.html

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I think the call centre agents may have given incorrect advice and this is my reasoning:

1. Application on Nov 10, 2012 gave you implied status until a decision is made. You did not submit a LMO or PNP with it. CIC allows people to submit an extension for work permit 2 weeks before it expires if they have proof that the employer has applied for a LMO(fax confirmation, file # from HRDSC, etc) or in your case, proof that you've applied for PNP.

Did you include proof of any of these with the application?

2. If you submitted proof of either a LMO or PNP application, then when you received the SINP, it should have been a matter of providing them with the nomination number or certificate. This would have been added to your application and your implied status continues.

3. You did not have to apply for restoration on Dec 15, 2012 because no decision had been made on the first application. You still have implied status, remember? The 90 days to restore your status starts WHEN your application is rejected not when your PGWP expires(unless you did not apply for renewal before it expired).

So what can you do?
1. I would call CIC call centre, say you have SINP now and would like to add it to your Nov 10th application. Period.
2. Seek legal advice from an immigration lawyer. You can also ask the lawyer whether to withdraw the "restoration application".
3. Wait for CIC's decision - the call centre agent DOES NOT have a say on a visa officer's decision. They may still approve the Nov 10th application, IF only you can get someone at the call centre to add your SINP information to your file well BEFORE an officer processes the application.

Lastly, if they reject the application, you have to stop working immediately. It is better to take a leave of absence or vacation if you can rather than risk "working" as a volunteer. CIC has been known to make random checks/calls and if you are on the job(even without pay), that is considered illegal work because it's a paid position and therefore prevents a Canadian citizen or permanent resident from filling it. While it may be an inconvenience to your employer, the consequences of being caught will be far greater for you. Besides, an employer can always find a replacement should you have to leave Canada. Keep that in mind.

You have a SINP anyway, so you may go to the nearest border with all the required forms and apply there. Find out whether you need to have a valid multiple entry temporary resident visa to do this(if you are not from a visa-exempt country).

DK84 said:
Guys, I just have been nominated by SINP. I made an work permit extension application on November 10, 2012 without any LMO or PNP but attached my full time employment letter and mentioned that I have applied for SINP and waiting for nomination. On December 6, 2012 my post graduate work permit expired and on the same day (6th Dec) I received my SINP nomination later in evening. Next day I called CIC and they said I need to restore my status with new application based on nomination irrespective of the one I made earlier, I made new extension application on 15th december 2012. Now trouble is when I called CIC today they say that, my first application on 10th Nov will surely get rejected as it was made only to get implied status and as soon as I hear decision, I need to stop working till my second one (15th december, 2012) gets approved.

There is big gap between my two applications of more than a month and I can't stop working as I work for big organization, its not matter of time or money but my committment and trust to my employer as I wont loose much but the organization would suffer in terms of work as its management work and I will have big questionmark over my future in terms of immigration and employment.

Please advise what should I do ?? I am in big trouble as I spoke to both CIC and SINP but no one is ready to help.