+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travelling to toronto in december

pawan1118vig

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
do we have to have approval letter with us even though I got my visa stamped, because I never got any approval letter just passport with visa stamp. any help is much appreciated.

thanks

HNashar

Jul 27, 2016
You do need to have the introduction letter. The letter will have your UCI number, which they need.

Kulwinder66

Oct 29, 2016
pawan1118vig said:
thanks for replying. I don't know how to get it. do you know?
They will send send you study permit approval letter to the Email address you provided on your TRV application so check your inbox and spam folder also, generally it takes 2 to 3 days after you got your passport despatch email/SMS. If you dont get the same contact CHC by mail or phone.

pawan1118vig

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
it has been 2 weeks since I got my passport wit visa stamped on it. never received any letter. some people telling me that chandigarh office is not issuing poi letter anymore because its not really needed , because cbsa officer usually have our info as well, once he scan the student visa he will know. still little scared but there is nothing I can do looks like.

Kulwinder66

Oct 29, 2016
pawan1118vig said:
it has been 2 weeks since I got my passport wit visa stamped on it. never received any letter. some people telling me that chandigarh office is not issuing poi letter anymore because its not really needed , because cbsa officer usually have our info as well, once he scan the student visa he will know. still little scared but there is nothing I can do looks like.
It is better to contact CHC Chd by phone or through Email so that you get your doubts cleared by a reliable source. As I mentioned in my earlier post that I got my passport dispatching info on 12 Oct 2016, Got Approval for study permit by Email on 13 Oct 2016 and got my Passport delivered to me on 14 Oct 2016 so all this in last month and there are very little chances of changing in their policy.

pawan1118vig

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Did you apply online? Or paper? Did you apply at Chandigarh or delhi? Did you link your application online if u applied paper based? Sorry I am asking a lot of questions