+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada on Visitor Visa after Submitting PR application

ank_ssshhh

Oct 29, 2014
I am about to submit my PR application this week. I also have plans to visit Canada within a week after submitting the application . Will my travel to Canada impact my application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ank_ssshhh said:
I am about to submit my PR application this week. I also have plans to visit Canada within a week after submitting the application . Will my travel to Canada impact my application?
No - it won't.

wolter88

Apr 27, 2015
And what if i want to go to Canada after submitting for pr.
And stay till i receive ppr and then flagpole on a landborder

JulieAnn83

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
SINP-EE 08-06-2015
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2016
LANDED..........
08-03-2016
Hello Wolter88,

I have submitted my application last Sep and then I traveled to Canada on a visitor's visa in October.
So far I haven't encountered a problem. I waited for my PPR here. Received PPR letter Jan 7, submitted my passport in Ottawa.
I landed in the Lewiston border this March.

wolter88

Apr 27, 2015
Hi JulieAnn83

Thanks for your quick response. Really!
So they didnt have any questions about what
You did all the time? With entering/landing?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
JulieAnn83 said:
Hello Wolter88,

I have submitted my application last Sep and then I traveled to Canada on a visitor's visa in October.
So far I haven't encountered a problem. I waited for my PPR here. Received PPR letter Jan 7, submitted my passport in Ottawa.
I landed in the Lewiston border this March.
Hey, Julie, congrats. Did you already have an existing TRV before you applied for PR? Or did you apply for a TRV while while your APR was in process?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wolter88 said:
And what if i want to go to Canada after submitting for pr.
And stay till i receive ppr and then flagpole on a landborder
You can only stay as long as your visitor visa allows you to.

I don't think there are bridging visas coming from a visitor visa (correct me if I'm wrong), so:

If you receive your PPR within the period of your visitor visa's validity, fine. If you don't, you will have to go home.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
So I even applied for a visitor visa during my PR application and then got PPR 1 week after receiving my multiple-entry TRV. LOL.

Since it's no guarantee I can get my passport/PR visa/COPR back in time for my flight to Canada, I plan on submitting to Ottawa as well.

nz

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors please comment -

I recently received PPR but even though I am FSW Outland, I am currently in Canada on a visit. I want to request them to change the VO to Ottawa, and not have to go back to my country just to fulfill the 30 day passport deadline. Do you guys foresee a problem in this? I know one of you mentioned you did something similar, just wanted to confirm. Thanks -

I have many months remaining on my 6 month stay (and the visit visa itself goes till 2018).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
nz said:
Seniors please comment -

I recently received PPR but even though I am FSW Outland, I am currently in Canada on a visit. I want to request them to change the VO to Ottawa, and not have to go back to my country just to fulfill the 30 day passport deadline. Do you guys foresee a problem in this? I know one of you mentioned you did something similar, just wanted to confirm. Thanks -

I have many months remaining on my 6 month stay (and the visit visa itself goes till 2018).
Congrats. I am also an outland applicant, and I have already emailed CPC-Ottawa and my local VO to be on the safe side, and they both confirmed it's possible...in truth, you don't have to request the VO change anymore. Just follow the instructions to send your passport to Ottawa via Canada Post...I have also seen many examples like this in the Family Class forum while the spouses are visiting Canada and they get their PPR letter.

I hope to do the same in a few days as I will be entering on a TRV...I would not have gotten back my passport in time from my local VO before my scheduled flight to Canada.