+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling out of Canada after applying for PGWP

May 4, 2021
Hi guys,

I have a situation and am stressing a bit about it. I graduated in April 2021 and will apply for my PGWP in May 2021. However, due to an emergency, I have to travel home before I receive my pgwp. I did a 4yr undergraduate degree in Accounting and Finance and have a valid job offer from a big 4 firm starting Sept 2021. I have been clean and have never taken a single semester off (even summers) and did co-ops as well with an authorized co-op work permit and didn't work more than 20hrs while I did part-time. However, am worried since if due to any unforeseen circumstances my pgwp gets rejected while am out of Canada, then what are my options to quickly find a solution to it as I don't wanna lose my job as well. (I wouldn't have travelled if it wasn't for emergency) any advice is appreciated.
Just to add on an extra bit of information. I do hold a valid study permit which is valid until Oct 2021 (which would expire once I apply for pgwp ofcourse) and also a student TRV with multiple entry that is valid until Oct 2021.

Last edited:

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
apply for pgwp inside canada. you will get implied status. however you need to obtain visitor visa so u can re-enter canada

source:
This option has been available for some time, but Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada recently clarified its policy guidance on the matter. Visa-required residents with implied status who travel to any countries other than the U.S. and St. Pierre and Miquelon still must apply for visas or be in possession of a valid multiple-entry visa before returning to Canada.

May 4, 2021
apply for pgwp inside canada. you will get implied status. however you need to obtain visitor visa so u can re-enter canada

source:
This option has been available for some time, but Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada recently clarified its policy guidance on the matter. Visa-required residents with implied status who travel to any countries other than the U.S. and St. Pierre and Miquelon still must apply for visas or be in possession of a valid multiple-entry visa before returning to Canada.
My question is what if my pgwp gets rejected? I know I will be able to enter if i get the approval but what if it doesn't get approved, what would be my options?

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hi @fritchou - this is interesting.

I have applied for US Tourist visa last year but due to COVID, it got cancelled. If my PGWP got approved, can I go to the US with no tourist visa?

Thank you!

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Hi @fritchou - this is interesting.

I have applied for US Tourist visa last year but due to COVID, it got cancelled. If my PGWP got approved, can I go to the US with no tourist visa?

Thank you!
no you will need visa to enter USA. as far as i know i just googled that. i don''t really have much info. but with implied status always get visitor visa so u can re-enter without problems

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys,

I have a situation and am stressing a bit about it. I graduated in April 2021 and will apply for my PGWP in May 2021. However, due to an emergency, I have to travel home before I receive my pgwp. I did a 4yr undergraduate degree in Accounting and Finance and have a valid job offer from a big 4 firm starting Sept 2021. I have been clean and have never taken a single semester off (even summers) and did co-ops as well with an authorized co-op work permit and didn't work more than 20hrs while I did part-time. However, am worried since if due to any unforeseen circumstances my pgwp gets rejected while am out of Canada, then what are my options to quickly find a solution to it as I don't wanna lose my job as well. (I wouldn't have travelled if it wasn't for emergency) any advice is appreciated.
Just to add on an extra bit of information. I do hold a valid study permit which is valid until Oct 2021 (which would expire once I apply for pgwp ofcourse) and also a student TRV with multiple entry that is valid until Oct 2021.
I dont see your application will be refused after applying inland but left for an emergency. As long as you have valid trv and hold valid job offer it should be fine to travel during covid.

Reactions: ChrisCan