+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling after ITA

Nov 16, 2021
Hello. One of my friend recently received ITA and all documents are submitted expect PCC( we are currently waiting for it) and the work permit is going to expire soon. So the question is can he travel to India on urgent personal reason now after applying for BOWP, will this impact PR application. Could someone please let us what we can be done in this situation.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
What is his current status does he have an SP or WP and if applicable an entry visa that is valid for more than 6 months? If yes he can travel and return.

When you say submitted, did you mean uploaded in GC Key, I hope you/he knows that PCC is one of the mandatory documents. Without a PCC the application if submitted will most probably be rejected, some have been successful by initially submitting proof of applying for a PCC but it is no guarantee application will be accepted. With today's scrutiny and issues with temp residents, I feel it will be a sure-shot rejection. I hope he has not filed the application without PCC yet.

Also, the BOWP can only be applied after AOR is received, and in his case, if he has filed for PR without a PCC, both PR application and BOWP might get rejected. His travel to India might end up in a nightmare.

Sorry, I wish I could give better news, but he seems to have failed to anticipate and not apply for PCC ahead of time, if he is in Canada, knowing well that Indian PCC is taking very long.

Nov 16, 2021
Hello, thanks for feedback. Yes we submitted the documents through GC key and he GOT AOR which says he is eligible for applying BOWP. His is on open work permit which will expiry in August ,so can he apply BOWP and leave to India now ?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
The first question on the current status does the applicant have an SP or WP and if applicable an entry visa that is valid for more than 6 months? If the answer is no, sorry without these, my advice is not to travel.

On the PR and BOWP as I said earlier both risks getting rejected.
1) Without a PCC the PR application will most probably be rejected. Yes, some in the past have been successful by initially submitting proof of applying for a PCC but it is no guarantee application the PR application will be accepted. With today's scrutiny and issues with temp residents, I feel he has set himself up for a sure-shot rejection.

2) The BOWP is based on PR. When the PR application without a PCC gets rejected, the BOWP applied based on the PR will also get automatically rejected too.

The best thing he can do is rush and get his PCC as fast as possible send it via webform to IRCC and keep his fingers crossed that his PR application passes through the eligibility and BOWP gets approved, it might take a minimum of 3 months to maybe even 6 months for approval.