+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling abroad for months at a time - what to write in address history?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
HHope8 said:
Kryt0n, did you mention all the cities within the countries you visited in SEA in your LOE as well?
No because I don't think it's necessary. They just want to know where you have been and for how long in case you need a PCC. If you already have yours then don't fret too much.

HHope8

Mar 4, 2017
Ok. I am mentioning them in my Travel History but not in my Personal History (where I wrote "multiple cities").

If anyone else has any experience with long periods of time travelling and subsequent unusual address history please write it down!

HHope8

Mar 4, 2017
kryt0n said:
For 3 months I travelled around SEA while moving from NZ to UK. I put down my 'landing' address and explained this in the LOE. "While I was travelling around SEA my address duing that time is my landing address (this is the address we would have returned to if our trip had been cut short)." Etc...

Hi kryt0n, so your landing address was the address in NZ or the UK, right? I had another thought. I am digging into the forum and saw that people wrote that you do not have to write the addresses when travelling abroad if it was less than 6 months. However, I took 3 back-to-back trips of 3 months to the same county, and in between trips I returned home for one or two weeks. So, these trips and breaks home are mentioned in my personal history because every month has to be accounted for. What to do then in address history? Write my home address in the address history, and mention in the LOE the addresses abroad where my visa was registered at -- or write the addresses where my visa was registered at in that country in the address history, and say in LOE that I never took residence there and that my official address was still at home? So confused...

Any other seniors that can help me out too?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
When I left NZ I was technically homeless as I was travelling round Asia on my way back to the UK.

I had my address from the day I left NZ to be my new UK address.

As your trip was a bit longer than mine it might be best to put down an address in that country for that period, as it sounds like you were there for almost 9 months?

Either way you're not in too much danger whichever way you go here as long as you explain it in full in your LOE. Either keep your home address throughout and exaplin, or have home-travel address-home-travel address-home.... etc

HHope8

Mar 4, 2017
kryt0n said:
When I left NZ I was technically homeless as I was travelling round Asia on my way back to the UK.

I had my address from the day I left NZ to be my new UK address.

As your trip was a bit longer than mine it might be best to put down an address in that country for that period, as it sounds like you were there for almost 9 months?

Either way you're not in too much danger whichever way you go here as long as you explain it in full in your LOE. Either keep your home address throughout and exaplin, or have home-travel address-home-travel address-home.... etc
If I keep my home address throughout in the Address History form, but I write the dates and addresses my visa was registered at in the foreign country in my LOE, won't they think that there is a mismatch between my address history and the travel/personal history, if I don't write those addresses in the address history section?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
That's why you would explain it in your LOE. You explain you were travelling bt your permenant registered address is listed in your address history. You have listed all entries and exits into the countries in travel hisotry.

HHope8

Mar 4, 2017
kryt0n said:
That's why you would explain it in your LOE. You explain you were travelling bt your permenant registered address is listed in your address history. You have listed all entries and exits into the countries in travel hisotry.
Thank you so much for your help, kryt0n, you were really helpful.

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Hopefully you can help me. In the 'address history' section I' unsure about what the put regarding the following situation.

My permanent address is in my country of citizenship (Belgium) but I went to Canada for a total of 5 months. I lived in Toronto for 4 months doing an internship for my company in Belgium. I lived in one and the same flat in Toronto that my company rented for me. Do I mention the address in Toronto in the 'address history' section?

Also, after my internship in Toronto, I travelled to British Columbia where I stayed in hostels.

I'm not sure what option to fill out for the period of my 5 month stint in Canada:
1) my permanent address in Belgium
2) address in Toronto for the whole 5 months
3) address in Toronto for first 4 months and for the month in BC put permanent address in Belgium?

Thanks guys!