Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Lufthansa flight schedule for rest of the month is published , but still the condition remains same.
Per my understanding the new changes would be effective from 1 September.
Not sure if they will allow travel for rest of the month as per new guidelines.
Keep sharing & posted guys.

Good Luck

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
So transiting is possible through UAE or European countries?
This doesn't say anything about the transit, though it can be possible as even currently many airlines are flying like KLM, Air France, Turkish etc.
These all have layover's & people are travelling.

Good Luck

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
This doesn't say anything about the transit, though it can be possible as even currently many airlines are flying like KLM, Air France, Turkish etc.
These all have layover's & people are travelling.

Good Luck
At least with the UK, it seems to imply that Indian passengers must be destined for the UK only. That might rule out London as a transit hub.

ChaoticRandom

Sep 20, 2019
Has anyone had an experience flying out of BLR? My wife has a COPR (I am a citizen and in Canada). I can see that she is allowed to come to Canada but if I am reading the Lufthansa website I think she can fly on those flights? Air India seems very unclear. Also curious if anyone has any info on the other flights like Air France, BA or Ethihad. Along with Lufthansa those seem like the only options.

Reactions: rvk123

HLS

Aug 2, 2020
Hi guys! 62 hours of travel time later, Hello from Vancouver!! We reached a day before our COPR expired and I am so relieved!! :)

Here's my personal experience of travel from India, if it can help anyone

1. We booked an Air India flight (Hyderabad to Del) and Air India from Delhi Frankfurt. From Frankfurt to Toronto and then onward to Vancouver. We got the booking done via a travel agent. Indians with COPR approved before March 18th are allowed to transit via Frankfurt.
2. Our luggage was tagged from Hyderabad directly to Vancouver. Air India will only tag your luggage directly if the next airline is under Star Alliance (Air India and Air Canada are both under star alliance, so we didn't have an issue)
3. Hyderabad to Delhi -
-If you are travelling from any other city to Delhi to catch the VBM flight, please ensure that you are booking the domestic flights allotted to connect with VBM flights, else they won't tag your luggage directly/ you won't be able to transit to International terminal.
4. Layover at Delhi -
-We had an overnight layover of 13 hours at Delhi and rented a sleeping pod (Available both at single and double occupancy but a little expensive)
-You can also stay at Holiday Inn but the hotel was fully booked due to VBM passengers
-You cannot step out of the airport as you are in transit
5. Delhi to Frankfurt -
-AI flight to Frankfurt was smooth but only pre-packaged meals are available. I strongly suggest getting your own food (liquids are not allowed above 100ml, but food can be carried)
-Indians DO NOT follow social distancing one bit, so it was a little tense for me and my husband as people kept moving about. Carry a good supply of masks as Air India only gives one mask and it is advised to change your mask every 4-6 hours
6. Layover at Frankfurt -
-We had an overnight layover of 15 hours at Frankfurt to catch the Air Canada flight
- There is one transit hotel, but is very expensive and there are very few sleeping pods (cost about 100 euros per 8 hours). There are recliner chairs and you can sleep on these
- Again, please carry food as all shops close by 9pm and even the lounges close by 8pm
- Reach Air Canada counter by 8am to validate your documents and any queries
7. Flight to Toronto -
-Flight to Toronto was normal and the airplane was only 60% full. everyone followed social distancing rules, so it was much better than the AI flight
-On landing, all the COPR formalities took 3 hours and
-We onboarded the next flight to Vancouver and took a Lyft cab to our airbnb location
8. Other miscellaneous details -
-I wrote to Frankfurt airport authorities for confirmation that we would be allowed to travel and carried their confirmation email print out. I suggest you do the same (the email is bpold.frankfurt@polizei.bund.de)
-Download ArriveCan app and fill in the details of your quarantine in advance. Saves you a lot of time when you reach the customs section in port of entry

I am happy to answer any queries. feel free to DM or reply to this comment.

Wishing you all the very best :)

Regards,
Navya
Hello @
Hi guys! 62 hours of travel time later, Hello from Vancouver!! We reached a day before our COPR expired and I am so relieved!! :)

Here's my personal experience of travel from India, if it can help anyone

1. We booked an Air India flight (Hyderabad to Del) and Air India from Delhi Frankfurt. From Frankfurt to Toronto and then onward to Vancouver. We got the booking done via a travel agent. Indians with COPR approved before March 18th are allowed to transit via Frankfurt.
2. Our luggage was tagged from Hyderabad directly to Vancouver. Air India will only tag your luggage directly if the next airline is under Star Alliance (Air India and Air Canada are both under star alliance, so we didn't have an issue)
3. Hyderabad to Delhi -
-If you are travelling from any other city to Delhi to catch the VBM flight, please ensure that you are booking the domestic flights allotted to connect with VBM flights, else they won't tag your luggage directly/ you won't be able to transit to International terminal.
4. Layover at Delhi -
-We had an overnight layover of 13 hours at Delhi and rented a sleeping pod (Available both at single and double occupancy but a little expensive)
-You can also stay at Holiday Inn but the hotel was fully booked due to VBM passengers
-You cannot step out of the airport as you are in transit
5. Delhi to Frankfurt -
-AI flight to Frankfurt was smooth but only pre-packaged meals are available. I strongly suggest getting your own food (liquids are not allowed above 100ml, but food can be carried)
-Indians DO NOT follow social distancing one bit, so it was a little tense for me and my husband as people kept moving about. Carry a good supply of masks as Air India only gives one mask and it is advised to change your mask every 4-6 hours
6. Layover at Frankfurt -
-We had an overnight layover of 15 hours at Frankfurt to catch the Air Canada flight
- There is one transit hotel, but is very expensive and there are very few sleeping pods (cost about 100 euros per 8 hours). There are recliner chairs and you can sleep on these
- Again, please carry food as all shops close by 9pm and even the lounges close by 8pm
- Reach Air Canada counter by 8am to validate your documents and any queries
7. Flight to Toronto -
-Flight to Toronto was normal and the airplane was only 60% full. everyone followed social distancing rules, so it was much better than the AI flight
-On landing, all the COPR formalities took 3 hours and
-We onboarded the next flight to Vancouver and took a Lyft cab to our airbnb location
8. Other miscellaneous details -
-I wrote to Frankfurt airport authorities for confirmation that we would be allowed to travel and carried their confirmation email print out. I suggest you do the same (the email is bpold.frankfurt@polizei.bund.de)
-Download ArriveCan app and fill in the details of your quarantine in advance. Saves you a lot of time when you reach the customs section in port of entry

I am happy to answer any queries. feel free to DM or reply to this comment.

Wishing you all the very best :)

Regards,
Navya
Hello @navyasri99, heartiest congratulations on making it to Canada!!

I am a single Indian with COPR approved before 18th March. My PR Visa is expiring on 20th August, hence in lot of stress now. Your post is like the last ray of hope to me...thank you for your detailed step-wise description.

Could you please confirm that the flights you took were the following, enabling me to book them as they are available right now on airlines' website:
Delhi to Frankfurt: AI 121 Departs: 13:3518:40

Frankfurt to Toronto: AC 873 Operated by Air Canada

Reactions: navyasri99

nitinw

Mar 22, 2018
Im also looking for this info, my parents are COPR holders and I booked my parents flight on 17th from HYD->LON->TOR , keep me posted if you have any confirmation
I am also in the same boat. I am a Canadian PR and booked flights for 22nd August but BA not allowing to board flights.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
India-Qatar bubble established, but will board Indians bound ONLY for Qatar.

“The Civil Aviation Authority of Qatar vide letter dated 13/8/2020 has conveyed acceptance of the agreement from 18-31 August 2020 as proposed in our letter dated 13/08/2020,” Indian Civil Aviation Ministry said in the letter.

The letter said that the flights from India to Qatar will carry the following passengers:

a. Qatari nationals

b. Any Indian national holding any type of valid Qatar visa and destined for Qalar only. It would be for the airlines concerned to ensure that there is no travel restriction for Indian nationals to enter Qatar with the particular visa category before issue of ticket/ boarding pass to the Indian passenger.

It also stressed that the “traffic carried from India to Qatar will comprise of passengers destined for Qatar only.”

"

navyasri99

Jul 4, 2018
Hello @

Hello @navyasri99, heartiest congratulations on making it to Canada!!

I am a single Indian with COPR approved before 18th March. My PR Visa is expiring on 20th August, hence in lot of stress now. Your post is like the last ray of hope to me...thank you for your detailed step-wise description.

Could you please confirm that the flights you took were the following, enabling me to book them as they are available right now on airlines' website:
Delhi to Frankfurt: AI 121 Departs: 13:3518:40

Frankfurt to Toronto: AC 873 Operated by Air Canada
Hi, Yes these are the flights we travelled in. Sorry for the late response! all the very best

salaz

May 27, 2020
Hi guys. Under the air bubble agreement between India and Canada, any person with any travel visa is allowed to go to Canada. My AOR for PR application was nov. 27, 2019. And I currently have a tourist visa valid for Canada.
could I travel as a tourist to Canada and wait for my PPR there? Or will I have to travel back to India?
thanks!!

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi guys. Under the air bubble agreement between India and Canada, any person with any travel visa is allowed to go to Canada. My AOR for PR application was nov. 27, 2019. And I currently have a tourist visa valid for Canada.
could I travel as a tourist to Canada and wait for my PPR there? Or will I have to travel back to India?
thanks!!
Assuming you are in India, you can technically get onboard a flight and fly to Canada port of entry (POE). However, you will be presenting yourself to the officer at POE as a tourist and your visit will be deemed as a non-essential travel and you'll be denied entry.

salaz

May 27, 2020
Assuming you are in India, you can technically get onboard a flight and fly to Canada port of entry (POE). However, you will be presenting yourself to the officer at POE as a tourist and your visit will be deemed as a non-essential travel and you'll be denied entry.
Thanks for the response! So what’s the air bubble agreement, really? It does clearly state that it’s a bilateral decision, which is India and Canada have both agreed to. And the provision states that any valid visa is permissible.
thoughts?

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Thanks for the response! So what’s the air bubble agreement, really? It does clearly state that it’s a bilateral decision, which is India and Canada have both agreed to. And the provision states that any valid visa is permissible.
thoughts?
The agreement is to basically authorize people to leave India (under some conditions) and have people enter Canada (under some conditions). If you have common conditions, then you're good to go.

Conditions to leave India: If you have a valid visa to Canada. So you have a tourist visa, so Air India/Air Canada will board you (assuming)
Conditions to enter Canada: Tourists come under non-essential travel, so entry denied.

Condition to leave India: Valid CoPR (issued before March 18, 2020). Permission to board Air India VBM flight bounf toward Canada.
Condition to arrive in Canada: Yes, these people fall under exemption; if they have 14 day quarantine plan, then they will be processed and admitted as new PRs.

Hope this makes sense.