+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Traveling Abroad During Spousal Sponsorship Process: Can I Complete Biometrics and Medical in the UK?"

Sep 3, 2024
I applied for spousal sponsorship to Canada on August 29th and received the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) on September 27th. I am currently awaiting biometric and medical requests.

However, I have plans to travel to the UK from November 1st to January 16th. My question is, if I receive the biometric and medical requests while I am outside of India, will I be able to complete them in the UK during my trip?

If yes, i have already paid for biometric cost. Will i have to make additional charges while giving biometrics from UK?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I applied for spousal sponsorship to Canada on August 29th and received the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) on September 27th. I am currently awaiting biometric and medical requests.

However, I have plans to travel to the UK from November 1st to January 16th. My question is, if I receive the biometric and medical requests while I am outside of India, will I be able to complete them in the UK during my trip?

If yes, i have already paid for biometric cost. Will i have to make additional charges while giving biometrics from UK?
You can do both anywhere you like in the world and where you find a biometrics collector for Canada, and a panel physician.

Just note:
-in some countries you might have waiting periods to get a medical appointment in particular (possibly for biometrics, but less tricky usually).
-if you paid for biometrics already, it might end up costing you a bit more to do it elsewhere. Notably in some countries if you do the biometrics and passport submission at the same vfs office, some of the passport submission costs may be covered (courier return to you I think costs covered? - depends locally). But these are not huge amounts, minor compared to your travel and other costs, let alone convenience and getting the file done more quickly.

Reactions: Mallikananda01

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Assume you applied Outland.