+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to USA while having PGWP

hulksnake2

May 9, 2013
Hey all,

I just wanted to know if it is possible to travel to USA (having USA VISA of course) and then coming back to CANADA using PGWP as a travel document.

It says on the immigration website that if someone is travelling to states from Canada a TRV is not required.

Can someone please provide some feedback on this?

Regards.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just wanted to know if it is possible to travel to USA (having USA VISA of course) and then coming back to CANADA using PGWP as a travel document.

It says on the immigration website that if someone is travelling to states from Canada a TRV is not required.

Can someone please provide some feedback on this?
If you hold a Pakistan passport, you would need a TRV to return

hulksnake2

May 9, 2013
If you hold a Pakistan passport, you would need a TRV to return
If you’re from a visa-required country
You’ll need a valid visa and a valid work permit to return to Canada to work. You don’t need a valid visa if you return directly from a visit only to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon. You must re-apply for a visitor visa if your visa:
  • has expired or
  • was only valid for a single entry to Canada
Starting May 1, 2017, eligible citizens of select visa-required countries will receive an eTA when they renew their work permit. The eTA is electronically linked to the passport you used to renew your permit and is valid for five years or until your passport expires. You can only use the eTA when you fly to, or transit through, Canada by air. You will receive a letter from us with information about your eTA number and expiration date.

Note: If you already have a valid visitor visa, you can use it to travel to Canada until it expires. A visitor visa will let you travel to Canada by plane, car, bus, train or boat.

This is what I was referring to