+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to home country after express entry profile submission

divyanshu1221

Dec 7, 2023
Hi,

I recently submitted my express entry profile and I am still waiting for ITA. My current status is pgwp which is expiring on 12th jan 2024. I am planning to visit India in the month of January. I am not sure if leaving Canada would be safe and I will be able to come back to Canada as I wont be having a legal status here in Canada. Can someone advice me what my approach should be regarding this problem?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I recently submitted my express entry profile and I am still waiting for ITA. My current status is pgwp which is expiring on 12th jan 2024. I am planning to visit India in the month of January. I am not sure if leaving Canada would be safe and I will be able to come back to Canada as I wont be having a legal status here in Canada. Can someone advice me what my approach should be regarding this problem?
Do you have a valid TRV? Once your PGWP expires you cannot work so you be in Canada as a visitor if you have a valid TRV. Why do you want to return since you cannot work?

divyanshu1221

Dec 7, 2023
I dont have a TRV right now. I am planning to stay in india for a few
Do you have a valid TRV? Once your PGWP expires you cannot work so you be in Canada as a visitor if you have a valid TRV. Why do you want to return since you cannot work?
I dont have a valid TRV right now. I was planning to come back after a few months and file my bridging open work permit once I return so that I can start working again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I dont have a TRV right now. I am planning to stay in india for a few

I dont have a valid TRV right now. I was planning to come back after a few months and file my bridging open work permit once I return so that I can start working again.
So you need a TRV to enter Canada. So you need to apply for one. So what is your CRS score. You cannot work until you have received ITA, submitted PR profile and then received AOR. Then you can apply for BOWP. But you can only apply for BOWP if you can restore your status to worker. So you need ITA, submit profile, and get AOR with 90 days of work permit expiry and don’t think that is possible.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

divyanshu1221

Dec 7, 2023
So you need a TRV to enter Canada. So you need to apply for one. So what is your CRS score. You cannot work until you have received ITA, submitted PR profile and then received AOR. Then you can apply for BOWP. But you can only apply for BOWP if you can restore your status to worker. So you need ITA, submit profile, and get AOR with 90 days of work permit expiry and don’t think that is possible.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
My crs score is 517. I am thinking of leaving Canada by 10th jan (if I dont get an invite before that). I want to go to india for 3-4 months and I want to come back after that.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My crs score is 517. I am thinking of leaving Canada by 10th jan (if I dont get an invite before that). I want to go to india for 3-4 months and I want to come back after that.
So you need a TRV to re-enter Canada but you cannot work. Given your PGWP expires and you don’t plan to come to Canada for 3-4 months, you can just wait until you get PR and enter Canada. You are returning 90 days after PGWP expiry so not eligible for BOWP unless you get ITA, PR submitted, AOR, restore status to worker within 90 days and are in Canada before the 90 days.