+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Canada while waiting for super visa

vanthle

Aug 10, 2015
Hi guys,

This is probably a very stupid question but anyone knows if my parents can still travel to Canada while waiting for Super Visa. They currently have visitor visa. Is it possbile to travel after they submit all documents?

TIA

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi guys,

This is probably a very stupid question but anyone knows if my parents can still travel to Canada while waiting for Super Visa. They currently have visitor visa. Is it possbile to travel after they submit all documents?

TIA
they can travel to canada as lonas they have valid visitor visa..if your application get approved while she is in canada, sending passport for stamping will be a little tricky( have seen people here struggling to contact ircc to know if they could get it stamped in ottawa, sending webforms etc, though this is possible, still will keep you on toes!) when the passport is stamped with super visa, she will have to exit n re enter to “activate “ the super visa, as she entered as visitor, she will have to leave @max 6 months stay

Reactions: vanthle

vanthle

Aug 10, 2015
they can travel to canada as lonas they have valid visitor visa..if your application get approved while she is in canada, sending passport for stamping will be a little tricky( have seen people here struggling to contact ircc to know if they could get it stamped in ottawa, sending webforms etc, though this is possible, still will keep you on toes!) when the passport is stamped with super visa, she will have to exit n re enter to “activate “ the super visa, as she entered as visitor, she will have to leave @max 6 months stay
Thank you so much for your response! I have few more questions hope you can help.
1. They can only apply from Ouside canada? not from canada (i wonder why since the application is online...)
2. When I got my PR, i was in Canada and used Rainbow bridge to cross the border to US (get denial entry letter) and come back canada with new PR status. I wonder if they can do the same to activate super visa?

Thanks so much!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your response! I have few more questions hope you can help.
1. They can only apply from Ouside canada? not from canada (i wonder why since the application is online...)
2. When I got my PR, i was in Canada and used Rainbow bridge to cross the border to US (get denial entry letter) and come back canada with new PR status. I wonder if they can do the same to activate super visa?

Thanks so much!
Yes they must apply for supervisa while outside Canada. They can try to exit and reenter but unlike a PR their reentry is not guaranteed. To extend a stay the best option is to apply for an extension while in Canada.

PKM103

Jan 14, 2024
Hi,

I’m also in the very similar situation. I already booked flights (on June 26) for my mom, she is coming on Visiting Visa. I just got my eCOPR and thinking to apply Super Visa for my mom. Please reply to my concerns below,
1. Can I apply for SuperVisa using eCOPR?
2. If I apply for Super Visa now and received approval while my mom in Canada, will it be okay?
3. After the approval, how can we get the stamping done while she in Canada?

Also, guide me the best way to do in this situation.

Thanks in advance!

banchos22

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Could you please let me know if this was possible? I’m in same situation!

Hi,

I’m also in the very similar situation. I already booked flights (on June 26) for my mom, she is coming on Visiting Visa. I just got my eCOPR and thinking to apply Super Visa for my mom. Please reply to my concerns below,
1. Can I apply for SuperVisa using eCOPR?
2. If I apply for Super Visa now and received approval while my mom in Canada, will it be okay?
3. After the approval, how can we get the stamping done while she in Canada?

Also, guide me the best way to do in this situation.

Thanks in advance!

banchos22

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Hi guys,

TIA
Could you please tell me if your parents were able to come to Canada while waiting for supervisa?

semapara

Apr 11, 2019
Hi can someone please tell me if I am the sponsor for my parent’s supervisa application, can I go back to my home country during this process? My parents are yet to recieve the decision for supervisa application

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi can someone please tell me if I am the sponsor for my parent’s supervisa application, can I go back to my home country during this process? My parents are yet to recieve the decision for supervisa application
For a visit? If yes how long?

Goku123

Sep 18, 2024
Yes if your parent has a normal TRV. To activate the supervisa will require leaving Canada and reentering.
Hi, if we get passport stamped somehow without the need of parent to exit Canada, my understanding is they still have to exit & re-enter Canada to activate supervisa. If yes, do they have to exit & go to the home country (where passport was stamped) or they can go for short term to Mexico, Dubai, etc and then re-enter Canada?