+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel restrictions related to vaccine

wordbyte

Jul 16, 2021
Hello

I have been hearing that, if I am in Canada and need to fly OUT of Canada, I need to be vaccinated, and I won't be able to fly out unless I am vaccinated.

Is this ture? I can't find any info about this online.

I did find a few articles stating that Canada won't allow air travel without the vaccine, but I am assuming that's for internal flights and flights arriving to Canada. But nothing about flying out of Canada.

Can someone please confirm this.

Thank you

miguelca

May 6, 2021
There are no restrictions that says you need to be vaccinated in order to leave Canada. You cal leave whenever/however you want.

The restrictions come from the destination country. If the country you are TRAVELING TO has a mandate for incoming travellers to be vaccinated or PCR tests… then the airline in Canada won’t let you board the plane. But that’s is not a CanadIan’s requeriment to leave the country.

if you want resources about COMING INTO CANADA
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#determine-fully

Reactions: Navs11 and wordbyte

wordbyte

Jul 16, 2021
There are no restrictions that says you need to be vaccinated in order to leave Canada. You cal leave whenever/however you want.

The restrictions come from the destination country. If the country you are TRAVELING TO has a mandate for incoming travellers to be vaccinated or PCR tests… then the airline in Canada won’t let you board the plane. But that’s is not a CanadIan’s requeriment to leave the country.

if you want resources about COMING INTO CANADA
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#determine-fully
Thank you for your reply!

nittin96

Mar 13, 2019
It has been mentioned by Trudeau that there will be a mandate for all commercial air passengers to be vaccinated by "sometime early this fall". But it is still unknown whether there will be exemptions or alternatives to unvaccinated travelers without a medical reason to not get the vaccine. I have been researching this myself but I guess we have to wait for more updates..

wordbyte

Jul 16, 2021
It has been mentioned by Trudeau that there will be a mandate for all commercial air passengers to be vaccinated by "sometime early this fall". But it is still unknown whether there will be exemptions or alternatives to unvaccinated travelers without a medical reason to not get the vaccine. I have been researching this myself but I guess we have to wait for more updates..
But can he really stop people from traveling out of the country if they are unvaccinated? Especially if the destination country doesn't have such rules! This is literally against the law!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But can he really stop people from traveling out of the country if they are unvaccinated? Especially if the destination country doesn't have such rules! This is literally against the law!
Each country determines its rules for air travel. Technically anything is possible and legal. Australia, for example, has placed huge restrictions on even their own citizens leaving and returning.

If this happens (it may very well not), there will have to be some exceptions allowed. My guess is that IF this happens, flying will be "easy" for anyone vaccinated and difficult for those who aren't (e.g., increased costs in flying, test in advance, test at airport, etc.).