+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travel preparations - quarantine plan

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
That is indeed a good point but there may be reasons. My daughter got her permit approved 12 days ago, but to travel now and quarantine as the only student in a 100 bed residence and to face 2.5 weeks on campus with a handful of students who are going to be allowed exceptionally to stay despite closure of everything on campus but no cooking facilities, I thought that was a big deal for an 18 year old who'd have just come out of quarantine! She's going instead beginning of January for start of the Winter semester and travelling from the airport on a special "quarantine" bus and will quarantine separately but with others nearby in the same situation.
Oh that sucks for her, I was talking from a graduate student POV lol. Sucks a lot for an 18 year old. I've been watching your posts and your daughter is lucky to have a supportive parent like you. Must've been super hard for her. All the best!

Sadia06

Mar 25, 2020
This is the Bishop's link to a suggested template for a quarantine plan. The headings will be useful to adapt to individual circumstances. https://www.ubishops.ca/covid-19-at-bishops-university/covid-19-institutional-readiness-requirements-for-international-students/
Thank you for sharing this link. I’ve noticed that it’s been mentioned that there is a risk of entry since you can be denied entry to canada and i read it in several other places as well. Why do you think they could deny it if we have all the necessary documents and are exempt?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Thank you for sharing this link. I’ve noticed that it’s been mentioned that there is a risk of entry since you can be denied entry to canada and i read it in several other places as well. Why do you think they could deny it if we have all the necessary documents and are exempt?
There is always a risk of refusal of entry. Read the guidance on IRCC website on what to take in your hand luggage. My daughter's file has been ready since July to show CBSA, it's divided into sections and easy to go through quickly in a single folder, it's exactly what a CBSA officer will complement you on having.

Sadia06

Mar 25, 2020
There is always a risk of refusal of entry. Read the guidance on IRCC website on what to take in your hand luggage. My daughter's file has been ready since July to show CBSA, it's divided into sections and easy to go through quickly in a single folder, it's exactly what a CBSA officer will complement you on having.
Perfect thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is the Bishop's link to a suggested template for a quarantine plan. The headings will be useful to adapt to individual circumstances. https://www.ubishops.ca/covid-19-at-bishops-university/covid-19-institutional-readiness-requirements-for-international-students/
Bishop's is very small school that is in a very small town and is not near a major airport so the school needs to take special steps to help students. There aren't the services like food and grocery delivery like in cities either. I wouldn't expect that larger universities will be able to or needs to take steps like a quarantine bus to school.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Bishop's is very small school that is in a very small town and is not near a major airport so the school needs to take special steps to help students. There aren't the services like food and grocery delivery like in cities either. I wouldn't expect that larger universities will be able to or needs to take steps like a quarantine bus to school.
There are food delivery services in Lennoxville. You can get the bus from Montreal to Sherbrooke then another directly to Lennoxville campus, it's easier for as many to arrive together at the same time for logistical reasons. It's a campus university. U Sherbrooke will without doubt be doing the same, they have masses of French students who were unable to travel, more than 1000 in August/September.

mtalwar18

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Toronto
Hello everyone,

I’m currently an International student in QC, Canada and will be finishing my course on 20-March-2021. I’m planning to travel overseas during studies and wondering will the CBSA officer allow me to enter Canada, say like between 16-18 March 2021, as long as I have a quarantine plan and a valid study permit, co-op work permit and CAQ in hand that are expiring on 30-June-2021. My college is on the DLI Approved list of COVID-19 readiness plan and asking me to undergo self-quarantine at my own expenses.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you!

Last edited:

mtalwar18

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Toronto
Also, my college don’t know about the COVID-19 readiness plan and asking me to make one. I don’t know the format of it and kinda stuck.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hello everyone,

I’m currently an International student in QC, Canada and will be finishing my course on 20-March-2021. I’m planning to travel overseas during studies and wondering will the CBSA officer allow me to enter Canada, say like between 16-18 March 2021, as long as I have a quarantine plan and a valid study permit, co-op work permit and CAQ in hand that are expiring on 30-June-2021. My college is on the DLI Approved list of COVID-19 readiness plan and asking me to undergo self-quarantine at my own expenses.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you!
Yes you will be able to return if everything stays as it is today.

Reactions: mtalwar18

mtalwar18

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Toronto
was
Yes you will be able to return if everything stays as it is today.
Thanks @azzamkc.

I am worried that if CBSA officer asks me that if my classes are online and when is my last class and my answer would be ‘yes’ then will they will NOT allow me to enter CANADA.

OR will they look at the study permit expiry, which is 30-June-2021 and allow me??

I’m not too sure what they are going to ask?

Any thoughts

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are food delivery services in Lennoxville. You can get the bus from Montreal to Sherbrooke then another directly to Lennoxville campus, it's easier for as many to arrive together at the same time for logistical reasons. It's a campus university. U Sherbrooke will without doubt be doing the same, they have masses of French students who were unable to travel, more than 1000 in August/September.
Students can't take public transportation so they can't take a bus from Montreal to Sherbrooke and Sherbrooke to Lennoxville. Sherbrooke is a significantly larger university so could easily justify running a daily shuttle going back and forth from the airport in Montreal. Bishops is much smaller and would need to coordinate a minibus or passenger van when only when there was a need to pick people up from the Montreal airport and likely only once a day. You can't compare planning for a school with 35K students in a decent size city and a small town school with 2900 students where the town really runs around the boarding school and a university. Only a small portion of the students will actually be attending as well. Bishops is known as a party school so I would imagine that most Canadian students stayed home since Lennoxville under quarantine without socializing loses it's appeal. You also can't compare quarantine in both locations. You can easily get everything in Sherbrooke. In Lennoxville if there are only so many ubers, delivery drivers, options for food, etc. you actually have to wait your turn to get your food if many people order at the same time. I feel bad for the town this year will have affected most of the full-time residents. The one grocery store is small and will be willing to help students but you don't have access to a huge walmart that is open until midnight every night that offers everything. Bishop's is a school where people bring a car and go into Sherbrooke to do bigger shopping trips, go to a restaurant, go to different bars, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also, my college don’t know about the COVID-19 readiness plan and asking me to make one. I don’t know the format of it and kinda stuck.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
They must be are of it because they had to submit a plan but the plan can be that students are responsible for their own quarantine location. Schools are supposed to be in contact with their students in quarantine, help get things like groceries especially for students new to Canada, etc. Do you live alone and have your own apartment? Would travel with your lease showing that you have a rental that you've been living in.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
was

Thanks @azzamkc.

I am worried that if CBSA officer asks me that if my classes are online and when is my last class and my answer would be ‘yes’ then will they will NOT allow me to enter CANADA.

OR will they look at the study permit expiry, which is 30-June-2021 and allow me??

I’m not too sure what they are going to ask?

Any thoughts
From what I've seen on this forum, returning students get asked very few questions, if any. My personal opinion is; you won't have any issues regardless of your classes being online or when they will start....because you're a returning student with a study permit in hand. First time travelers with Study Permit TRV Counterfoil on their passport need to be more diligent.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
From what I've seen on this forum, returning students get asked very few questions, if any. My personal opinion is; you won't have any issues regardless of your classes being online or when they will start....because you're a returning student with a study permit in hand. First time travelers with Study Permit TRV Counterfoil on their passport need to be more diligent.
The bigger issue is the quarantine plan. You also are travelling during your studies so you could be asked why you need to travel for such a short period of time and before your studies end.