+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history - trips question

shahnaz71

Aug 4, 2019
I’ve traveled from india to USA for masters education 3 years ago and never been to any country (even to india) since then.

In the travel history while filling details of trips
1) do I need to mention the above USA trip ? (But this is my country of residence)

2) If yes to question 1, will this be an ongoing trip ?

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
I’ve traveled from india to USA for masters education 3 years ago and never been to any country (even to india) since then.

1) do I need to mention the above USA trip ? (But this is my country of residence)

I remember having this exact question when I was completing my profile.

In your situation You don’t have to mention US trip Because you would have included India as country of citizenship and US as country of residence and you haven’t travelled anywhere since. It’s self explanatory.

In my case I had taken multiple trips outside the country since arriving in US. So I kept US as my base or residence and included all trips out to India and other countries.

Reactions: shahnaz71

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019

If your country of residence is USA and haven't been to any other country since migration, then no travel history.

However, you will still need to get an Indian PCC till the time you left for your Master's to USA from the Indian embassy/consulate in USA.

Reactions: shahnaz71

shahnaz71

Aug 4, 2019
I remember having this exact question when I was completing my profile.

In your situation You don’t have to mention US trip Because you would have included India as country of citizenship and US as country of residence and you haven’t travelled anywhere since. It’s self explanatory.

In my case I had taken multiple trips outside the country since arriving in US. So I kept US as my base or residence and included all trips out to India and other countries.
Got it, thanks for the detailed answer :)

shahnaz71

Aug 4, 2019
If your country of residence is USA and haven't been to any other country since migration, then no travel history.

However, you will still need to get an Indian PCC till the time you left for your Master's to USA from the Indian embassy/consulate in USA.
got it thanks.. and yes I got both PCC and FBI clearance certificates