+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRAVEL HISTORY DILEMMA! URGENT!! PLEASE HELP!

sudeep.chatterjee

Jul 5, 2016
Toronto
Had a query regarding my travel history:

I had travelled to Macau (Hong Kong) for 3 days from India and it gives visa on arrival.
And they had given me a small piece of paper as the visa and there wasn't any stamps on my visa from HongKong or from Macau.
And that paper now has smudged as it was on the same kind of paper on which movie tickets are there which gets smudged after some months and currently nothing is visible on it.
But the entry and exit stamps from Mumbai airport are there on my passport.

Will this be a problem for CIC while declaring my travel history for Express Entry?
I can provide the Boarding Passes for my flight. and also the flight ticket for the same, but in case of the flight ticket, its just a simple word document listing down the details of the flight.

Please advise if this will be fine or will it be a problem and how to approach it. It's URGENT. Thanks!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
sudeep.chatterjee said:
Had a query regarding my travel history:

I had travelled to Macau (Hong Kong) for 3 days from India and it gives visa on arrival.
And they had given me a small piece of paper as the visa and there wasn't any stamps on my visa from HongKong or from Macau.
And that paper now has smudged as it was on the same kind of paper on which movie tickets are there which gets smudged after some months and currently nothing is visible on it.
But the entry and exit stamps from Mumbai airport are there on my passport.

Will this be a problem for CIC while declaring my travel history for Express Entry?
I can provide the Boarding Passes for my flight. and also the flight ticket for the same, but in case of the flight ticket, its just a simple word document listing down the details of the flight.

Please advise if this will be fine or will it be a problem and how to approach it. It's URGENT. Thanks!
Just mention the trip in your travel history. You do not need to provide any proof unless CIC asks for it. And they will not ask you about a 3 day trip in Macau.

sudeep.chatterjee

Jul 5, 2016
Toronto
Maverick28 said:
Just mention the trip in your travel history. You do not need to provide any proof unless CIC asks for it. And they will not ask you about a 3 day trip in Macau.
Agreed! But won't CIC find anything suspicious about my trip as there are no stamps from HongKong or Macau and the only stamps which I have are of the Mumbai Airport on my passport?
Coz from what I remember I have to submit all the scanned pages of my passport, right?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
sudeep.chatterjee said:
Agreed! But won't CIC find anything suspicious about my trip as there are no stamps from HongKong or Macau and the only stamps which I have are of the Mumbai Airport on my passport?
Coz from what I remember I have to submit all the scanned pages of my passport, right?
Well you left Mumbai airport, you must have went somewhere. You will mention Macau in your trip and CIC will have access to the information that you get a slip in that case and not a visa stamp.

People mention all the countries when they travel to Schengen Area. The just have an entry and exit stamp. No stamps when traveling between Schengen members. The main purpose of travel history is to determine whether you need a PCC for a country or not.

sudeep.chatterjee

Jul 5, 2016
Toronto
Maverick28 said:
Well you left Mumbai airport, you must have went somewhere. You will mention Macau in your trip and CIC will have access to the information that you get a slip in that case and not a visa stamp.

People mention all the countries when they travel to Schengen Area. The just have an entry and exit stamp. No stamps when traveling between Schengen members. The main purpose of travel history is to determine whether you need a PCC for a country or not.
So well, that's the tricky part, the slip which I have is completely smudged. And nothing really is visible on it. So looking at that slip won't really help anyone to show that I was at Macau. That's exactly the reason why I was getting more worried as neither do I have the stamps, nor do I have the visa slip (as it's smudged). The only stamps I have is of the Mumbai Airport for Entry and Exit.
So what should I do? Please advise!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
sudeep.chatterjee said:
So well, that's the tricky part, the slip which I have is completely smudged. And nothing really is visible on it. So looking at that slip won't really help anyone to show that I was at Macau. That's exactly the reason why I was getting more worried as neither do I have the stamps, nor do I have the visa slip (as it's smudged). The only stamps I have is of the Mumbai Airport for Entry and Exit.
So what should I do? Please advise!
You do not need a proof of travel history. If you want, just mention in LOE why you do not have a stamp.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Upload the paper. Example: uk doesn't give visas on the passport but they issue a biometrics card. I uploaded that

sudeep.chatterjee

Jul 5, 2016
Toronto
xpressentry said:
Upload the paper. Example: uk doesn't give visas on the passport but they issue a biometrics card. I uploaded that
Uploading the Paper won't do any good. As the paper is almost fully smudged and nothing is visible on it. Nothing is visible on the face of it. It's just a blank piece of paper.
Maybe a suitable explanation regarding my problem in the LOE mite help.

min1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hi Kindly guide i went for a short 1 week tour to europe(schengen visa) from India i travelled first to france then came back from zurich ,my exit from zurich and departure from delhi is stamped but arrival in france is NOT stamped.it was a group tour may be they missed it but in my spouse passport it is stamped .will this cause any problem .will uploading anyother like flight ticket etc ill help or is that necessary.Kindly reply it urgent

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Uploading the Paper won't do any good. As the paper is almost fully smudged and nothing is visible on it. Nothing is visible on the face of it. It's just a blank piece of paper.
Maybe a suitable explanation regarding my problem in the LOE mite help.
Hey so what did you end up doing Iam on a similar dilemma . Sorry to dig this up now