+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document from New Delhi for Permanent Resident of Canada

itsdoty

Mar 23, 2013
Hi,
I am a permanent resident of canada since 5 years now, and my application for citizenship is under process.
My PR card had expired on 7th Feb, i had applied for new card from canada on 2nd feb.
Meanwhile my dad had to undergo bypass surgery in india, and i had to travel to india on 4th march.
I applied at vfs, ahmedabad for Travel Document from New Delhi on 6th march.
I called High commission of Delhi on 19th when i had passed 10 working days of my application.
I stated that i had to go back to canada soon to resume my job.
Its 23rd March and i have not heard about it yet.
I have sent queries through various means : email. online form and phone .

Anyone please advise on this.

Thanks
KP

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm afraid there's nothing much you can do but wait for it. Does it say on their website that they do travel documents in 10 working days? In many embassies it can take weeks.

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
Usually it takes around 10 working days but in countries like INDIA,PAKISTAN,SRILANKA (it can take weeks) !
Inform your office in Canada about the situation and just wait for them to contact you

suprasad

Apr 19, 2013
Hi,
I am a permanent resident of canada since 5 years now, and my application for citizenship is under process.
My PR card had expired on 7th Feb, i had applied for new card from canada on 2nd feb.
Meanwhile my dad had to undergo bypass surgery in india, and i had to travel to india on 4th march.
I applied at vfs, ahmedabad for Travel Document from New Delhi on 6th march.
I called High commission of Delhi on 19th when i had passed 10 working days of my application.
I stated that i had to go back to canada soon to resume my job.
Its 23rd March and i have not heard about it yet.
I have sent queries through various means : email. online form and phone .

Anyone please advise on this.

Thanks
KP
Hi Itsdoty,
We have applied for our travel document, its been more than 25 working days and we have not yet heard back from the Delhi office. Did you receive your Travel document? If so, How many days did they take to let you know the decision?
Thanks

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I had an issue with torn PR paper ( 10 years ago ) and airline wouldn't let me fly. I went to Delhi and got something called 30 days "facilitation" visa the same day, flew back and applied for copy

vinayakg

Jul 3, 2012
suprasad said:
Hi Itsdoty,
We have applied for our travel document, its been more than 25 working days and we have not yet heard back from the Delhi office. Did you receive your Travel document? If so, How many days did they take to let you know the decision?
Thanks
Hi Suprasad,

Did you receive any update on your travel document? I am travelling to India this week on an emergency and planning to apply for a travel document since I got the PR status last week only( landed through Niagara) and do not have a PR card yet.

Also let us know when did you land? how long you have been outside canada since that might determine the processing time for your application.

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Its a quite old thread. But still wanted to know how much time it takes nowa days for travel document from Delhi.

Thanks
Silvi