+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Authorization required for International Students?

Muskan28

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Hi, my college says I need a travel authorization from them in order to fly to Canada. I have already received my Student Visa and paid my deposit fee, but they are saying I have to pay 15000CAD first year tuition fee in order to get this travel authorization from them or I can't board flights to Canada. Is this real or they just trying to get the money earlier? I mean my deadline to pay my tuition fees are until December according to my letter of acceptance. Please share your thoughts? They said the government requires them to give this letter to students.

JamStory

Apr 17, 2017
Are you going to a private college that is on the DLI approved list for travel. Sounds like a scam school.
Yeah something seems off.

Muskan, can you share any more information on this school so that others can be aware?

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
Hi, my college says I need a travel authorization from them in order to fly to Canada. I have already received my Student Visa and paid my deposit fee, but they are saying I have to pay 15000CAD first year tuition fee in order to get this travel authorization from them or I can't board flights to Canada. Is this real or they just trying to get the money earlier? I mean my deadline to pay my tuition fees are until December according to my letter of acceptance. Please share your thoughts? They said the government requires them to give this letter to students.
There's a travel support document which some institutions provide. I received one but I was not asked for it when I traveled.

Muskan28

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Yeah something seems off.

Muskan, can you share any more information on this school so that others can be aware?
Yea I feel the same way, I think they just trying to get the money as soon as possible.
It is Canford Institute of Technology in Edmonton Alberta.

Muskan28

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
There's a travel support document which some institutions provide. I received one but I was not asked for it when I traveled.
Thank you Lorlor, would you kindly share if you paid the tuition fees before you travel? Did the border officer or Airline asked if you have paid the tuition fee or not? Some say it is required to provide the receipt or they wouldn’t let anyone go through. Does the deposit fee payment receipt works? I have only paid the deposit fee and planning to travel next week.

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
Thank you Lorlor, would you kindly share if you paid the tuition fees before you travel? Did the border officer or Airline asked if you have paid the tuition fee or not? Some say it is required to provide the receipt or they wouldn’t let anyone go through. Does the deposit fee payment receipt works? I have only paid the deposit fee and planning to travel next week.
My fees weren't paid in full at time of travel. I was not asked to show any proof of tuition payment. When does your program start?