+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel and address history related question

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hey Guys!

I know that the travel history and the address history should be aligned and should be synchronous. I have an extraordinary scenario and I am a bit confused about it.
I travelled from X to Y, i left X on December 15 but i arrived at Y on December 17. December 16 was spent in travel and time difference. My passport stamp says that i left X on December 15 and i arrived Y on December 17 so technically i was neither in X or in Y on December 16 but in the plane travelling.
Now, my questions:
1. What address should i mention for December 16th in my address history?
2. Is it ok if i leave a gap of one day in travel history because if this is as per my passport stamps. If not, then how should i write the travel history so that it matches the address history?

TIA

Last edited:

canadasj

Star Member
Sep 29, 2023
Hi @fq786

My point of view is different where travel history and address history may not align depending on what you consider as address history.

For example, my understanding is that address history corresponds to where you reside, and is your primary contact address.
  • I didn't consider the following scenarios for address history:
    • Address related to tourism (e.g. visiting some place or someone and staying at a hotel / airbnb / relative home )
    • Address at the country of citizenship if it is not the country of residence (when visiting family at home country but one works overseas)
      • Maybe an exception could be if someone works for a few months from the country of citizenship though they are still a resident of another country (it was not my case, I am just adding a scenario)
  • I did consider a temporary address for address history when:
    • Relocating from one place to another. One stays temporarily initially at some place before finding a permanent place to live.

You should decide on your own, how you want to present your data or consult an immigration lawyer recommended by IRCC.

Now, for the scenario where one is traveling:
  • I gave my origin country address history till the day I arrived in the destination country
    • E.g, If I arrived in the destination country on Jan 15, my previous address history was till Jan 14, and the new address history record started from Jan 15