+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transition from Post grad working permit to IEC Working Holiday

marikoi

May 14, 2015
Hello there,

First of all thank you for taking your time to read my forum. I am currently working in canada under post graduation work permit that is about to expire (expires June 13), and as a result i have just successfully submitted an application to working holiday to extend my stay here(currently on the 6 weeks waiting period after submitted the full application). As smooth as i wanted it to go, the working holiday for my country (japan) did not open until late april and now I am worried that the working holiday visa will not come through on time before my post grad work permit expires. I have a few questions regarding this and was wondering if anyone went through the same problem. My ideal situation is keep my current employment and have a smooth transition but what would happen if it doesnt come through on time? Is it possible to keep working under pending status/implied status until my working holiday comes through? (the gap time should be a week or two) and if that is not allowed, then would my only option be quit my job, leave canada before the expiry date, then come back as a visitor status until i get my working holiday visa?

Any advise or suggestion would be much appreciated! Again, thank you in advance for your help:)

Best Regards,
Mariko

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your working holiday visa hasn't been approved before your PGWP expires, you'll need to stop working. There's no implied status in this scenario.

You don't have to leave Canada. You can apply to change your status to visitor from within Canada while you wait for your IEC to be approved.

marikoi

May 14, 2015
scylla said:
If your working holiday visa hasn't been approved before your PGWP expires, you'll need to stop working. There's no implied status in this scenario.

You don't have to leave Canada. You can apply to change your status to visitor from within Canada while you wait for your IEC to be approved.
Thank you for clearing things out for me! Much appreciated:))

oh and one more question if u dont mind! Where are the places i can go to change my status to visitor within canada??