+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferred from Buffalo starts you from end of queue?

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Our file was only a few weeks before finishing when Buffalo closed end of last May. It's been almost 3 months since then. I think all transferred files get in at the end of the queue in Ottawa before they get assigned to the officers who have to deal with their existing cases first.
All transferred files would be assigned to a different person than the one in Buffalo to review again. It's like having your case processed twice!
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

flyonthewall

Aug 20, 2012
I doubt that is the case - mainly because we were supposedly transferred to Buffalo just before the change, and apparently they have been processing our application since July 31.... I doubt that would be the case if they had to restart. I should mention that I had been approved as a sponsor to that point.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
flyonthewall said:
I doubt that is the case - mainly because we were supposedly transferred to Buffalo just before the change, and apparently they have been processing our application since July 31.... I doubt that would be the case if they had to restart. I should mention that I had been approved as a sponsor to that point.
Thank you. So your file was never in Buffalo.
Would like to hear someone whose file was in Buffalo before and now sitting in Ottawa waiting to be looked at.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, my file was in process in Buffalo since April. Now still no word from Ottawa :(. I'm September applicant, I don't know how long more this is going to take.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AW2011 said:
Our file was only a few weeks before finishing when Buffalo closed end of last May. It's been almost 3 months since then. I think all transferred files get in at the end of the queue in Ottawa before they get assigned to the officers who have to deal with their existing cases first.
All transferred files would be assigned to a different person than the one in Buffalo to review again. It's like having your case processed twice!
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
There hasn't been much coming out of Ottawa in general - it's not specific to your case. Even if the officers had other cases in progress, they would need to respect the receipt date. Per OP-1:

Code:
"For assessment purposes, visa offices receiving a transferred file must respect the original date
on which the application was received as the “lock-in” date. For processing purposes, all
processing steps for the files transferred to an office, including the scheduling of interviews,
should be the same as for all other applications received in the office on the date corresponding to
the “lock-in” date of the received file. This means that an application that is received in Paris in
July 2002 and transferred to New Delhi in March 2003, would enter the New Delhi queue as of
July 2002."
www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
When would they start looking at these transferred files? We got AOR from Buffalo end of August 2011!

flyonthewall

Aug 20, 2012
It was in Buffalo - I was approved in Mississauga as a sponsor, then they sent it to Buffalo. Buffalo closed and then they transferred it to CPPO and then it got transferred to LA. Which is where it is now. For finalization - they have our passport. We wouldn't be here now if your theory was correct.