+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer File from London To USA

canadageek

Apr 14, 2010
hi,
I applied for Skilled Immgration from London Office in Nov 2007.
Now, I m in America for last one month Having Green Card.
Last Month I got married in India. My wife is in India.

I have following questions.
1. Is it possible to get my file transffered to USA, as i m having US green card ?
2. I want to add my wife in Application, so that she can immigrate with me to canada. how should i add her in Application ?
3. how the things will go on at time of interview as my wife is in india ?? Do I have to have my wife here in USA for final interview ?? from where she will get the visa ?? from usa or from india office ??

Please help me out.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadageek said:
1. Is it possible to get my file transffered to USA, as i m having US green card ?
Yes, this can be requested if you have been living in the U.S. long enough ( I think 12+ months)
2. I want to add my wife in Application, so that she can immigrate with me to canada. how should i add her in Application ?
You would need to amend your application. See this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sample-letter-for-change-of-marital-status-t39209.0.html;msg264301#msg264301

3. how the things will go on at time of interview as my wife is in india ?? Do I have to have my wife here in USA for final interview ?? from where she will get the visa ?? from usa or from india office ??
There might not be an interview and even if there is one it's extremely unlikely that your wife will be
required to attend.

¬m2l

canadageek

Apr 14, 2010
hi,
thank you so much for replying.
my next confusions are :
1. In answer 3, you said : There Might not be an interview. what does it mean, they dont call for interview in buffalo office ???
2. from where the visa will be issued to my wife ?? from USA or from india (as she is in india right now)

thank you so much in advance sir.

regards.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadageek said:
1. In answer 3, you said : There Might not be an interview. what does it mean, they dont call for interview in buffalo office ???
Interviews are rare and random. In most cases interview is waved. From my experience in this forum very few people are called for an interveiw and those that get called it's only the principal applicant that is required to attend. For the most part if they are not satisfied with something they will request additional information in the form of mail.

2. from where the visa will be issued to my wife ?? from USA or from india (as she is in india right now)
At the final stage you will be required to submit your and your wife's passport for visa stamping at the buffalo office.

¬m2l

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canadageek said:
hi,

Please help me out.
1. It is extremely unlikely that you application will be transferred, here is what CIC says about file transfers.

Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons. Leaving a visa office’s territory alone does not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred and that they are required to submit a complete application to the visa office originally specified within the 120 day deadline allotted by the CIO.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
canadageek said:
hi,

I got your PM. Here are my answers:

Files are rarely transferred, and if at all they are, it would be 1 in 100,000 odd applications. I have known of a few cases that have had their files transferred, but those cases are far and few. 95% chances are CIC won't transfer it. However, if your case is very strong and you are able to prove the same with all the documentation, it MAY happen (again probability is low). Your U.S. green card has nothing to do with file transfer.

You can add her name to the various forms that you need to fill for Canadian immigration. You will be the principal applicant and she will be your dependent.

Since you have filed from London office, she will most likely be asked for an interview in London. If the interview is waived (as it is done in some cases), you don't need to worry about sending her to London. You can send the passport to London for final stamping. Medical can be done from any DMP in the world. Just hope that you or she is not asked for an interview, in which case you BOTH will have to for the interview TOGETHER.

Please help me out.