+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
a) Does Transcripts mean degree certificate or marksheets ?
b) I have no way to get them from my university in India while I am in US as the univ wants the original be sent to them, has any one tried sending the notorized copies to CIC in US and they have accepted their case?
c) Is it required for spouse also?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

abingc said:
a) Does Transcripts mean degree certificate or marksheets ?
b) I have no way to get them from my university in India while I am in US as the univ wants the original be sent to them, has any one tried sending the notorized copies to CIC in US and they have accepted their case?
c) Is it required for spouse also?
1. Mark sheets.
2, 1000s of others have, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to.
3. Only if you are claiming adaptability points for spouses education.

PMM

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
Are all your marksheets and education certificates in English?
If they are, then you can just notarize them in US and send it. Thats it, you dont need transcripts.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
All copies must be notarized. CIC may or may not ask later for the originals in the University sealed envelope, but you don't have to worry about it right now, it depends if they ask, then you send your relative to the University in India and they will give it. But that is for later not now and if they ask.

larka81

Apr 1, 2009
Hey guys,

My college in US would only send Offcial transcripts in a sealed envelop to a third party and not me. They could only send me Unofficial transcripts.. Would that work?

Thanks

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i guess if its sealed in a university envelope, it should be okay. does it actually say 'unofficial' on it.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
larka81 said:
Hey guys,

My college in US would only send Offcial transcripts in a sealed envelop to a third party and not me. They could only send me Unofficial transcripts.. Would that work?

Thanks
You do not need sealed transcripts from a US university, you can notarize the copies or send the originals to CIC.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Does it says for the sealed envelope on CIC website?

It is much easier to verify your credentials from USA for CIC as compared to other countries, they are not required in sealed envelop unless asked to do so.

If you live in the US, you can get two copies, send one original to them and keep one for you, no need to seal the envelop unless mentioned on the request letter.

I sent originals (from US University) to them and not in sealed envelope and was accepted.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

NewYorker said:
Does it says for the sealed envelope on CIC website?

It is much easier to verify your credentials from USA for CIC as compared to other countries, they are not required in sealed envelop unless asked to do so.

If you live in the US, you can get two copies, send one original to them and keep one for you, no need to seal the envelop unless mentioned on the request letter.

I sent originals (from US University) to them and not in sealed envelope and was accepted.
Yes it does, from the Visa office specific requirements for Buffalo.

"6. EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS
For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
• Post-secondary education documents: vocational or technical certificates or
diplomas;
• College or university documents: certification of completion and the
graduation degree, diploma, or certificate issued by the college or university and
the evaluation committee;
Transcripts: original transcripts of all degrees must be submitted in universitysealed
envelopes.

• Professional qualifications certificates: notarized professional qualifications
certificates should be submitted if available. (e.g., Engineer, Computer
Programmer, Accountant, Economist, Translator/Interpreter, Architect etc.)"

PMM

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I agree, the requirement is there, I submitted my documents and they only asked for one transcript to be in sealed envelope not a single one from USA.

It depends where they cannot verify easily, they will ask in the sealed envelope. I sent originals and not in sealed envelope and I was asked only from my home country to be in sealed envelope again.

larka81

Apr 1, 2009
So what do I do? Should I ask my college to send the transcripts directly to the CHC (Which I know CHC wont like). Or should I request "unofficial" transcripts for my self and just not open the envelop and send it to CHC with rest of my documents.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i would do the unofficial one and also write a letter that explains it in your application. Perhaps you can take a print out of your university's rules.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Since your college will not give you the sealed envelope, you asked them to give the originals to you and then you send them to CIC and most likely will be accepted. If it is not accepted then you ask them to send the envelope directly to CIC.

The only problem will be, how you will know if they send the sealed envelope or not?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
oh if they will send you an original one (but not in a sealed envelope), why dont you send one of those AND a sealed unofficial one to CIC. Will it cost a lot?