+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transaction not approved

AbbyImmigr8

Feb 21, 2021
Hello I keep getting a Transaction declined error using a Visa credit card and a mastercard debit card. All cards have enough funds/credit limits for the visa application. I already reported the issue but no one has gotten back to me yet. Anyone who had a same issue and found a workaround?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hello I keep getting a Transaction declined error using a Visa credit card and a mastercard debit card. All cards have enough funds/credit limits for the visa application. I already reported the issue but no one has gotten back to me yet. Anyone who had a same issue and found a workaround?
check with your card issuing bank if international transaction is enabled in your card…if not enable it

Pharoah

Mar 7, 2022
I have the same problem I have a complete application and I am unable to pay my study permit. I am trying to pay my study permit online in the last 4 days , however, it's unsuccessful. I keep getting the message Tranaction declined. I AM using a Master credit card, I have contacted my bank, they said 'we issue approval for the tranaction but it return declined with no reason'

Nemanjar

Mar 8, 2022
Same problem with me, I am using MasterCard debit and I get Transaction Denied when trying to submit my application. I know that my card is valid with enough funds and I have previously bought services(currency for War Thunder game XD). So I can only assume the problem is with them.

I did notice that in my last three payment atempts the billing page has gone haywire, like greatly zooming in when entering card data and CVV.

Update:
I tried using my moms mastercard(Canadian) and it worked. I dont know why my vas declined, didnt contact the bank tho. If you can just ask someone from Canada to give you the data and just make a payment

Last edited:

rimjhimd1

Mar 14, 2022
I have the same problem I have a complete application and I am unable to pay my study permit. I am trying to pay my study permit online in the last 4 days , however, it's unsuccessful. I keep getting the message Tranaction declined. I AM using a Master credit card, I have contacted my bank, they said 'we issue approval for the tranaction but it return declined with no reason'
Hi @Pharoah, did you get a solution to your issue? I've been trying to make payments with my master credit card but the transaction gets declined every time. I contacted the bank and they said it is not an issue with the bank or card. I've sufficient funds too and have made payments with the same card for a friend's visa application too previously.

Pharoah

Mar 7, 2022
Hi @Pharoah, did you get a solution to your issue? I've been trying to make payments with my master credit card but the transaction gets declined every time. I contacted the bank and they said it is not an issue with the bank or card. I've sufficient funds too and have made payments with the same card for a friend's visa application too previously.
Hi Friend, I am unable to pay my application fees, I think IRCC does not accept Temporary visa applications from outside Canada at the moment.
I know my credit card works, I have used it to pay for an international tranaction recently other than IRCC, and the tranaction approved.
I am applying from Egypt!!
Which country are you applying from?

rimjhimd1

Mar 14, 2022
Hi Friend, I am unable to pay my application fees, I think IRCC does not accept Temporary visa applications from outside Canada at the moment.
I know my credit card works, I have used it to pay for an international tranaction recently other than IRCC, and the tranaction approved.
I am applying from Egypt!!
Which country are you applying from?
Hello. I'm applying from India and have been using Indian credit card. I have reported technical issue on their website but no one got back to me. I know the cards are fine. It's an issue with their website. How did you know IRCC aren't accepting temporary applications from outside Canada?

Pharoah

Mar 7, 2022
Hello. I'm applying from India and have been using Indian credit card. I have reported technical issue on their website but no one got back to me. I know the cards are fine. It's an issue with their website. How did you know IRCC aren't accepting temporary applications from outside Canada?
The message before me on this website , message number 49 from nemanjar he faced the same issue and a person inside canada helped him submit the application.

rimjhimd1

Mar 14, 2022
The message before me on this website , message number 49 from nemanjar he faced the same issue and a person inside canada helped him submit the application.
Oh yes, that's right. Canadian cards are working it seems. I'll post an update if my Indian card works or if I find a work around. Good luck

Nemanjar

Mar 8, 2022
If you can ask someone who has a Canadian credit or debit card do it that way. Just ask that person the card number and the three digit number behind the card(CVV number I think), and the name on which the card is issued.
That worked for me, I dont have any idea for different aproach

rimjhimd1

Mar 14, 2022
If you can ask someone who has a Canadian credit or debit card do it that way. Just ask that person the card number and the three digit number behind the card(CVV number I think), and the name on which the card is issued.
That worked for me, I dont have any idea for different aproach
Thanks @Nemanjar. I used my friend's American credit card and it worked.
@Pharoah as nemanjar suggested, use a Canadian or American card to make your payment. It should work.

Ritaade

Jun 24, 2022
The transaction also decline with all the debit card i use here in nigeria.... But now is not showing the payment page, pls should i do?

sachin100

Jul 14, 2024
I am trying to pay from USA with my visa card. I am getting
Transaction Declined. I called bank. They have remove hold still having trouble.

arm-027

Jul 22, 2024
I am adding this hoping it will be useful to people facing this issue. In my case, the IRCC payment system failed to work with authentication of my card issuer (Caixa Geral de Depositõs). Tried few cards from other issuers e.g. Ctt, but all transaction attempts were declined.

Workaround:
I signed up for a new Revoult account, created a Revoult card (Visa debit) and topped-up from my bank (using ATM card to top-up Revoult account). Then used the Revoult card to pay.