lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
I have a few questions regarding the processing of the applications.

1- What is E-CAS?
2- How do you know your client ID number to sign up for E-CAS?
3- How up to date is the information on E-CAS?

csponline

Aug 12, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
cc charged on : 12-12-12
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013 (Official Landing)
hardworkingpk said:
Congrats pakkecanadavale. So two october applicants got response :), hope we hear from them soon! csponline, can you tell me which kind of birth certificate you sent that got rejected and did they return the whole file to you or asked you to submit the missing documents?

Hardworkingpk,
I submitted the birth certificate which is issued by country consulate based on my passport details. CIC is asking for copy of 'Original birth certificate' from your home town municipal office. That's the main reason my application got returned.

while checking my returned documents, they already verified all documents including my application and they wrote down some information for their verification purposes. If I submit my birth certificate, it will be fine to proceed next.

thanks,
csp

pakkecanadavale

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi i also do not have birth certificate but i have submitted class 10 as well as record from municipality from my country……. :)…… plz make sure u also summit grade 10 certificate...

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
pakkecanadavale said:
hi i also do not have birth certificate but i have submitted class 10 as well as record from municipality from my country....... :)...... plz make sure u also summit grade 10 certificate...
Why do you need to submit grade 10 certificate? It was not mentioned in the checklist.

I sent a copy of birth certificate and for my spouse. They never asked for originals.

wockamit

Sep 27, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/10/2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
22/11/2012
Med's Request
26/11/2012
Med's Done....
29/11/2012
Interview........
File is in process agian from 2nd feb 2013
Passport Req..
21/03/2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi mcsvizag,
Thanks and I applied under PNP from Saskatchewan.

hardworkingpk

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2012 (recv by CIO, Sydney)
Doc's Request.
04-Jun-2013
AOR Received.
01-Dec-2012
Med's Request
04-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
23-Jul-2013 (Med Rcvd)
Thanks for the clarification csponline. I hope they process your application quickly. I wish they would not return the whole file just for a single paper. Let us know how it goes.

csponline said:
Hardworkingpk,
I submitted the birth certificate which is issued by country consulate based on my passport details. CIC is asking for copy of 'Original birth certificate' from your home town municipal office. That's the main reason my application got returned.

while checking my returned documents, they already verified all documents including my application and they wrote down some information for their verification purposes. If I submit my birth certificate, it will be fine to proceed next.

thanks,
csp

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
hardworkingpk said:
Thanks for the clarification csponline. I hope they process your application quickly. I wish they would not return the whole file just for a single paper. Let us know how it goes.
Hi Friends,

I see that there is a topic going on here regarding birth certificates. I was one of the applicant who's application was returned just because of not providing actual birth certificate. Initially I had provided consulate issued birth certificate which was issued based on my passport information, but unfortunately CIO did not accept it and requested for additional documents. CIO has given me 4 alternates which I listed below.

NOTE: Any one of the following document MUST show the full name of the applicant and full name of both parents (OR) just father or mother.

1. Copy of actual birth certificate from Municipal office.

2. Copy of school leaving certificate (10th or 12th class).

3. If actual birth certificate is not available, you should get "No Birth Record" certificate from the municipality. In this case you have to provide CIO a solemn document saying that you are the son/daughter of your parents (self declaration, but not a notarized document).

4. If you can't even get "No Birth Record" certificate from the municipality, your mother or father or both have to provide a notary document confirming that you are their son/daughter. In this case also you have to provide CIO a solemn document saying that you are the son/daughter of your parents (self declaration, but not a notarized document).

If your school leaving certificate doesn't show full name, please DO NOT send it to CIO. I am sure they will return your application to you again.

Hope this helps you guys. All the very best.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

hardworkingpk

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
04-Jun-2013
AOR Received.
01-Dec-2012
Med's Request
04-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
23-Jul-2013 (Med Rcvd)
Dear Sarayu,

Wow, thanks for the comprehensive explanation. I am sure it will be helpful to many forum members and lets keep our fingers crossed...

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
hardworkingpk said:
Dear Sarayu,

Wow, thanks for the comprehensive explanation. I am sure it will be helpful to many forum members and lets keep our fingers crossed...
Dear hardworkingpk,

Thanks...all the best.

csponline

Aug 12, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
sarayu said:
Hi Friends,

I see that there is a topic going on here regarding birth certificates. I was one of the applicant who's application was returned just because of not providing actual birth certificate. Initially I had provided consulate issued birth certificate which was issued based on my passport information, but unfortunately CIO did not accept it and requested for additional documents. CIO has given me 4 alternates which I listed below.

NOTE: Any one of the following document MUST show the full name of the applicant and full name of both parents (OR) just father or mother.

1. Copy of actual birth certificate from Municipal office.

2. Copy of school leaving certificate (10th or 12th class).

3. If actual birth certificate is not available, you should get "No Birth Record" certificate from the municipality. In this case you have to provide CIO a solemn document saying that you are the son/daughter of your parents (self declaration, but not a notarized document).

4. If you can't even get "No Birth Record" certificate from the municipality, your mother or father or both have to provide a notary document confirming that you are their son/daughter. In this case also you have to provide CIO a solemn document saying that you are the son/daughter of your parents (self declaration, but not a notarized document).

If your school leaving certificate doesn't show full name, please DO NOT send it to CIO. I am sure they will return your application to you again.

Hope this helps you guys. All the very best.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

Dear Sarayu,

Thanks for your explanation. I've got my birth certificate from my municipal office. But in that certificate, they didn't mention my full name..
As I am an Indian (I hope most South Indians fall in the same category), my dad's first name comes as my last name.

For example,
my first name : abc
my dad's first name: ijk
my name in my passport (full name): abc ijk
my name in my birth certificate(municipal office): abc
my name in my 10th school leaving certificate: abc

If I submit my birth certificate or 10th certificate, definitely, It will conflict with my passport name (full name). In this case what shall I do? I know I am repeating this question again, but I am not clarified yet.

one more thing, in my birth certificate, they made some typo. So, I have to ask them for a spell-correction. I may have a chance to add my full name by convincing them.

Please advice..

thanks,
csp

hardworkingpk

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
04-Jun-2013
AOR Received.
01-Dec-2012
Med's Request
04-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
23-Jul-2013 (Med Rcvd)
Ok, here is a development. First the background:
I had couriered my main application to CIC, which was received on 6th October, but I forgot to include "IMM5620E-feepaymentform". Unfortunately, I noticed that few days later. So, as I read other posts on the forum, I couriered that missing document a week later to CIC to include it in my main application. I was paying by bank draft anyway.. so I dont think its that important but I didn't want to take any chances.

Anyway, they returned "IMM5620E-feepaymentform" on 29th October (via SNAIL mail!!!) that I received today (13th November) saying that they have no information about my main application. It seems its useless to send them anything before they have done at least 1 review of your main application. Everything must be 100% correct on full submission otherwise you have to repeat the full submission after its returned to you :(

So I will wait for them to check my main application before doing anything further (I hope they received it). Wow.. its like an exam.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
csponline said:
Dear Sarayu,

Thanks for your explanation. I've got my birth certificate from my municipal office. But in that certificate, they didn't mention my full name..
As I am an Indian (I hope most South Indians fall in the same category), my dad's first name comes as my last name.

For example,

If I submit my birth certificate or 10th certificate, definitely, It will conflict with my passport name (full name). In this case what shall I do? I know I am repeating this question again, but I am not clarified yet.

one more thing, in my birth certificate, they made some typo. So, I have to ask them for a spell-correction. I may have a chance to add my full name by convincing them.

Please advice..

thanks,
csp

Hi csponline,

First of all Happy Diwali my friend.

Asking the same question couple of times is absolutely OK, but finally we should submit a COMPLETE application. Due to my bad luck or what ever, my application was returned twice...lost more than 6 months unnecessarily.

The very first thing you have to do is, get your birth certificate with full name. I am sure, it's possible to do it in our country, but takes a couple of days as we need to visit municipality office few times. I strongly suggest you to do it. It may get delayed in re-submitting your application to CIO for few days, but it's really worth to do. Because if you have actual birth certificate from Municipality office, you don't have to attach any other supporting documentation.

In case, it's difficult for you to get your birth certificate corrected from municipality office, submit one self declaration form (if you want I can provide you a sample copy, or else you can Google for it). And also get one notary document from your both parents/just from your father. Apart from this, you can make a covering letter saying that it's very common in India that we use initials only for our surnames like that.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

mcsvizag

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
csponline said:
Dear Sarayu,

For example,

Please advice..

thanks,
csp
Hi csponline,

Its happend me too at first time, cic returned my application due to Birth certificate is not valid if it is issued by Embassy, they suggest me send a Affidavit, i send with affidavit stating name and Birth particulars. so you can send a affidavit with your Birth certificate, it will be more helpful.
and you can follow what sarayu mentioned..All the Best..

Regards
mcsvizag

csponline

Aug 12, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
mcsvizag said:
Hi csponline,

Its happend me too at first time, cic returned my application due to Birth certificate is not valid if it is issued by Embassy, they suggest me send a Affidavit, i send with affidavit stating name and Birth particulars. so you can send a affidavit with your Birth certificate, it will be more helpful.
and you can follow what sarayu mentioned..All the Best..

Regards
mcsvizag

Thanks mcsvizag.. In my returned letter, they mentioned like below:

Please note, we do not accept passports as proff of birth, therefore we are unable to accept details from passport. We do accept
secondary school records that contain the following:
1) Applicant's name
2) Date of Birth
3) Name of Parent/Parents

"If you are not able to provide a birth certificate with all 3 criteria, we required an affidavit stating all of this information
of that a birth certificate can not be attained."

I think I can submit an affidavit mentioning the information they required.

Thanks,
csp

csponline

Aug 12, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
What if I submit my 10th (school) certificate and an affidavit mentioning that my full name and other details?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
csp