+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa to visit family member in canada

shahshah

Mar 6, 2022
Hi,
I'm Applying for a tourist visa to visit my sister who is a Canadian PR, I'm coming with my family (Spose and 2 Children), I understand that each of us have to fill out the application form. for my own application I chose:
To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
But once I reached to document upload page, there was no place to upload invitation letter or any form regarding my relationship with my sister who is inviting me.
And for my spouse and children I chose:
To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
Then i got the upload invitation letter for them.
May I know if im doing it right? I also did not see any place to upload my Employment letter, etc...
I appreciate any tips and helps on this matter.

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi,
I'm Applying for a tourist visa to visit my sister who is a Canadian PR, I'm coming with my family (Spose and 2 Children), I understand that each of us have to fill out the application form. for my own application I chose:

But once I reached to document upload page, there was no place to upload invitation letter or any form regarding my relationship with my sister who is inviting me.

May I know if im doing it right? I also did not see any place to upload my Employment letter, etc...
You can combine Invitation letter , SOP and employment letter etc in additional documents section if they have not provided a specific section to upload, You can also include any documents that may strengthen your case .

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi,

Did you use the GC key or IRCC portal?

Jun 1, 2018
Hi,

Hi
Which option have you chosen? Did your application got approved

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
May i get some help on this?
Invitation letter and financial support documents from your sponsor should be uploaded in other documents section. You said you are going to visit your sister in Canada along with your family. So your sister has to make sure her income and her family's income meets the LICO cutoff for her family and also your family (total number of people including your family.)

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Invitation letter and financial support documents from your sponsor should be uploaded in other documents section. You said you are going to visit your sister in Canada along with your family. So your sister has to make sure her income and her family's income meets the LICO cutoff for her family and also your family (total number of people including your family.)
LICO isn't a requirement for a TRV. Her sisters financials have no bearing on the approval as there is no financial commitment from the person they are visiting.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
LICO isn't a requirement for a TRV. Her sisters financials have no bearing on the approval as there is no financial commitment from the person they are visiting.
I can't second that. I agree that there is no LICO requirement from the host for a TRV. However, if the to-be visitor decides to stay longer (up to 6 months) in Canada on TRV, it will put some strain on the host's finances.

Although the finances of the applicant weighs far more than that of the host in case of a Visitor Visa, you cannot completely ignore the latter.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I can't second that. I agree that there is no LICO requirement from the host for a TRV. However, if the to-be visitor decides to stay longer (up to 6 months) in Canada on TRV, it will put some strain on the host's finances.

Although the finances of the applicant weighs far more than that of the host in case of a Visitor Visa, you cannot completely ignore the latter.
Yes LICO is not a requirement for visitor visa but by showing documentation that your hosts meet or exceed the LCIO you are trying to convince the VO officer that your hosts are financially stable in Canada and will not seek social security payments during your stay in Canada. I consider this is one way to convince the VO that both the applicant and their hosts are financially stable.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes LICO is not a requirement for visitor visa but by showing documentation that your hosts meet or exceed the LCIO you are trying to convince the VO officer that your hosts are financially stable in Canada and will not seek social security payments during your stay in Canada. I consider this is one way to convince the VO that both the applicant and their hosts are financially stable.
The visitor is usually required to show that they can afford to pay all their expenses while inCanada. Their family in Canada would not qualify for support to support their visiting family members . If they can’t afford visitors and the visitors are also out of funds the visitors are expected to return home earlier

Trillionex

Apr 29, 2024
Hi,

I have the same issue..which option to select for wife and kid on new portal.