+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa for my Mum online application Aug 5th

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
Hello all,
I reside in canada with my husband & kids, we have been here for 15 months.
We are from Egypt. I have applied for my Mum as a visitor Visa online on Aug 5th. Added all the documents & return ticket for 5 week stay also her bank statements which have some bonds in USD. Also she has 5 schengen visas, a valid UK 10 year visa & an expired US visa on her travel history. Invitation letter and all, paid online. Got a submission confirmation update with UCI & Application number on August 5th.
On August 10th Ive realized that the travel history pdf & Passport pdf which i have uploaded are very pixelated due to downsizing them :( So I called IRCC, explained what happened and they sent me a link to attach the proper downsized Documents & add in the box to "Please upload this additional document and attach it to my application"
Did that slow down the process???
I am waiting for a biometric request letter which she needs to go to the visa office in Egypt to submit her biometrics. The processing time is 29 days. It says I should receive the biometric request after 24 hrs of submitting the online application. Yet nothing is happening. She is due to fly on Oct 1st and I'm starting to get worried now that there would be delays.
TIA

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
On August 10th Ive realized that the travel history pdf & Passport pdf which i have uploaded are very pixelated due to downsizing them :( So I called IRCC, explained what happened and they sent me a link to attach the proper downsized Documents & add in the box to "Please upload this additional document and attach it to my application"
Did that slow down the process???
Processing times published on the IRCC website are only estimates/a guideline. Actual processing time can vary.

No, submitting this additional document won't delay the processing. It is part of the processing time.

Think of it this way:
It's nice of the visa office to allow you to submit higher/better resolution documents than to give a decision without considering the pixelated document.

I am waiting for a biometric request letter which she needs to go to the visa office in Egypt to submit her biometrics. The processing time is 29 days. It says I should receive the biometric request after 24 hrs of submitting the online application. Yet nothing is happening.
There have been cases where applicants received their BIL several days/weeks after submitting their applications. I suggest you wait until this weekend and then send an email to the visa office.

She is due to fly on Oct 1st and I'm starting to get worried now that there would be delays.
You're worrying too soon :)

Reactions: bellaluna

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
Processing times published on the IRCC website are only estimates/a guideline. Actual processing time can vary.

No, submitting this additional document won't delay the processing. It is part of the processing time.

Think of it this way:
It's nice of the visa office to allow you to submit higher/better resolution documents than to give a decision without considering the pixelated document.

There have been cases where applicants received their BIL several days/weeks after submitting their applications. I suggest you wait until this weekend and then send an email to the visa office.

You're worrying too soon :)
Thank you, I will wait till after this weekend then email them.

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
Thank you, I will wait till after this weekend then email them.
So the update to my Mum's Biometrics Instruction Letter which has not showed yet & its been 17 days since the submission confirmation. Ive sent an enquiry request asking about the (BIL) and got no reply. Ive also called the IRCC number here in canada and the agent checked where the application is at the moment & that its in Ankara processing centre & they are the ones who should send the BIL. Theres nothing she can do to help me. And when i told her Ive filled the webform and she said it might take 4 weeks to get back to me on that!
Seriously I have applied to all kinds of tourist visas in my life, name it & this is by far the worst inconsistent system Ive seen!

Does anyone have any similar cases to this?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So the update to my Mum's Biometrics Instruction Letter which has not showed yet & its been 17 days since the submission confirmation. Ive sent an enquiry request asking about the (BIL) and got no reply. Ive also called the IRCC number here in canada and the agent checked where the application is at the moment & that its in Ankara processing centre & they are the ones who should send the BIL. Theres nothing she can do to help me. And when i told her Ive filled the webform and she said it might take 4 weeks to get back to me on that!
Seriously I have applied to all kinds of tourist visas in my life, name it & this is by far the worst inconsistent system Ive seen!

Nothing unusual about this situation. Here are some cases from the US:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/worried-about-biometric.502367/#post-6125233

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015

I totally agree that this is by far the worst system. No transparency, no accountability whatsoever.

Applied from the US mid June, and only now just got the biometrics letter. Took them 70 days to send this (and god knows how long till they actually do the next step).

In the US, you get the decision on the spot and guaranteed to be mailed your passport back within 3-5 days.