+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tough Situation.

Wall_e

Dec 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need advice about a situation I am stuck in. I work in Manitoba on PGWP, valid till 2021. I have expired TRV. I applied TRV in Canada on June 7th but it went to the background check and today is the 48th day I have not heard from CIC. On July 10th I had to travel to back home on an urgent basis to attend a family illness. I heard from a friend that once my TRV is approved I can request cic to get the stamp from Dubai instead of Ottawa (Pakistan does not have Canadian consulate apparently). Does anyone have some info about it? I am not sure how long would it take and I wanna get back by August 15th.

Today a friend of mine suggested me to visit the US ( i have valid TRV and have visited the US twice before via border) and from there I can just cross the border with the Work permit only. How do you guys feel about it? Is that a good option. One of my trip to the US was just on Canadian study permit without TRV and I had absolutely no problem re-entering Canada but I am not sure going from Pakistan to the US and then crossing the border on a work permit will create any trouble or not. Please share your views on this, your advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

I need advice about a situation I am stuck in. I work in Manitoba on PGWP, valid till 2021. I have expired TRV. I applied TRV in Canada on June 7th but it went to the background check and today is the 48th day I have not heard from CIC. On July 10th I had to travel to back home on an urgent basis to attend a family illness. I heard from a friend that once my TRV is approved I can request cic to get the stamp from Dubai instead of Ottawa (Pakistan does not have Canadian consulate apparently). Does anyone have some info about it? I am not sure how long would it take and I wanna get back by August 15th.

Today a friend of mine suggested me to visit the US ( i have valid TRV and have visited the US twice before via border) and from there I can just cross the border with the Work permit only. How do you guys feel about it? Is that a good option. One of my trip to the US was just on Canadian study permit without TRV and I had absolutely no problem re-entering Canada but I am not sure going from Pakistan to the US and then crossing the border on a work permit will create any trouble or not. Please share your views on this, your advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
scylla had answered your questions here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/tough-situation-entering-canada-from-us.573354/

After you get a passport submission request, you must email both CPC-O and the Abu Dhabi visa office (there's no visa office in Dubai) to confirm that you can submit your passport to the VFS/VAC in Pakistan (Islamabad, Lahore or Karachi)

Wall_e

Dec 5, 2017
scylla had answered your questions here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/tough-situation-entering-canada-from-us.573354/

After you get a passport submission request, you must email both CPC-O and the Abu Dhabi visa office (there's no visa office in Dubai) to confirm that you can submit your passport to the VFS/VAC in Pakistan (Islamabad, Lahore or Karachi)
Thanks Bryanna.

I am still very confused. So I simply wait whatever time CIC gonna take to approve my TRV, it's already been 49 days. Does anyone know how much usually cic takes if it goes to the background check? and do I email cic after the approval to request to get stamp fro Pakistan? Do we have Case processing center or Canadian visa office in Pakistan or where is our corresponding visa office?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So I simply wait whatever time CIC gonna take to approve my TRV, it's already been 49 days.
Unfortunately, you don't have a choice but to wait.

Does anyone know how much usually cic takes if it goes to the background check?
Background checks can even take forever-and-a-day to be completed. Guessing won't help.

and do I email cic after the approval to request to get stamp fro Pakistan?
The Islamabad consulate does NOT process TRVs. You would need to email the Abu Dhabi visa office + CPC-Ottawa

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

Today a friend of mine suggested me to visit the US ( i have valid TRV and have visited the US twice before via border) and from there I can just cross the border with the Work permit only. How do you guys feel about it? Is that a good option. One of my trip to the US was just on Canadian study permit without TRV and I had absolutely no problem re-entering Canada but I am not sure going from Pakistan to the US and then crossing the border on a work permit will create any trouble or not. Please share your views on this, your advice will be appreciated. Thank you.
Hello Wall_e,

Did you get your visa? Can you please share your timeline. I am in exact similar situation and I applied for my TRV online (from Canada) in September. I am working on PGWP and I need to go back home as my father is not well.

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Wall_e

Dec 5, 2017
Hello Wall_e,

Did you get your visa? Can you please share your timeline. I am in exact similar situation and I applied for my TRV online (from Canada) in September. I am working on PGWP and I need to go back home as my father is not well.

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
Hello Mo25,

Yes, I did indeed. If you have applied TRV online you can literary get the stamp from any Visa office. All you gotta do is to submit your passport with your passport request paper to your nearest Visa office. In my case, I traveled to Pakistan while my TRV application was in process at CTD-Ottawa so I submitted my Ppt at CVAC-Islamabad and got my ppt stamped and back in 3 business days.

As of timeline. I applied on June 7th and it went in a background check and I got ppt request on Aug 8th. So 61 days. submitted my passport on 62nd day and got it back by the 65th day. So 2 months and 5 days- Thanks to the background check.

Good luck

Attached is the email from CTD-Ottawa

CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca>
Tue, Aug 7, 9:39 AM

to me

Good day,

If you submitted your temporary resident application online and you have received an email requesting that you submit your passport, please be advised that your passport can be submitted to an office of your choice: http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp

Please note that processing times may vary based on the visa office selected.

Please expect to receive your passport back within 30 business days from the day of submission.

moiz_a52

Nov 12, 2018
Hello Mo25,

Yes, I did indeed. If you have applied TRV online you can literary get the stamp from any Visa office. All you gotta do is to submit your passport with your passport request paper to your nearest Visa office. In my case, I traveled to Pakistan while my TRV application was in process at CTD-Ottawa so I submitted my Ppt at CVAC-Islamabad and got my ppt stamped and back in 3 business days.

As of timeline. I applied on June 7th and it went in a background check and I got ppt request on Aug 8th. So 61 days. submitted my passport on 62nd day and got it back by the 65th day. So 2 months and 5 days- Thanks to the background check.

Good luck

to me

Good day,

If you submitted your temporary resident application online and you have received an email requesting that you submit your passport, please be advised that your passport can be submitted to an office of your choice: http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp

Please expect to receive your passport back within 30 business days from the day of submission.
Hi Wall_e,

I am in the same situation as you were in. I already have an 'Open Post Graduate Work Permit'. I have applied for Temporary Residence Visitor Visa (From Inside Canada) on October 03rd, 2018. It was an online application. It has been almost 40 days so far I have no update, no passport request, no approval nothing. Even I have already booked my flight ticket for back home. Can I submit my passport in VAC office in India if I get my passport submission request. Please let me know what procedure did you followed on this process. Thank you very much.

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hello Mo25,

Good luck

to me

Good day,

Hello @Wall_e ,
Thank you very much for the reply. Did you mail your passport to the visa office in Islamabad or did you go there in person and dropped it off?
Is this the address in Islamabad?
Canada Visa Application Centre
Park Road, Bakhtawar
Chak Shazad, Islamabad

Thanks again!