NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
maple said:
I believe it is a matter of principal. It is up to the man to choose which is more important, his wife #2 and her children (his children) or pr! What is the fault that the #2 wife did so she gets divorced? There should be a more reasonable solution for Muslims with two wives.It is well known in the Islamic law that a man can marry up to four wives ( provided he is able to give them a good life and fair treatment), so Canada immigration law should look into this issue and find some good solutions that do not force Muslims to make bitter choices about their personal life, especially when it comes to marriage and children.
my friend, what's important? law of religion or law of the land? if governments start accomodating laws of religions, how can they bring in law? people use religion to fulfil their personal goals and govts need to put a check.

india, for instance has different law for muslim marriage. so, ppl end up adopting islam just to do 2nd marriage. this is healthy for neither religion as such ppl keep following their old religion but, are muslims on paper.

there definitely needs to be a law of the land which is larger than religion.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
I agree with Aanbaan. It is terrible for religion if people subvert the religion to get their ways.

Also I feel many would like liberal democracies to change to accommodate their ways but wouldn't accommodate liberal ways in their own countries. If we push populations in liberal democracies, it is bound to break.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
New2canada

we should note that the Iranian guy, that BCGuy was asking about, was not trying to break the law. He was looking to see if there is an existing law that accommodates him and his wives. I am sure he would not want to break the law of the land.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
rupeshhari said:
New2canada

we should not that the Iranian guy, that BCGuy was asking about, was not trying to break the law. He was looking to see if there is an existing law that accommodates him and his wives. I am sure he would not want to break the law of the land.
hahaha.... true rupesh. we all got a bit off track. coming back to the prob is the solution

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
New2canada

we should not that the Iranian guy, that BCGuy was asking about, was not trying to break the law. He was looking to see if there is an existing law that accommodates him and his wives. I am sure he would not want to break the law of the land.
Fair enough. I think, we kind of deviated from the initial question and some of us got prejudiced.

ahmedj83

Aug 20, 2008
rupeshhari said:
Legally, what is the best option for this man based on current laws?

Ahmedj83 - your advice might work but would he not have to divorce his other wives first?
This might work, but i think later on, the kids will have troubles as who is their father and sponsor and etc...
2 families, 2 wives with many kids, who belong to the same father. i think there is law issue here that needs to be addressed WITHOUT compromising or changing the canadian civil law. as i think that the law of the nation should be above all, including religious laws.

But if it comes to me, i would say that the guy should divorce 1 woman, because he wants to come to canada, and therefore he must respect the laws of canada..no matter what.