+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Total processing time of Parents sponsorship to Canada from New Delhi

karnveer

Nov 22, 2009
Hi,

Recently Govt. of Canada took measures to speedup the immigration processing times of Parents and Grandparents by:
first: putting a 2 year stoppage on new applications and second: by restricting the number of applications received every year to 5000.

My parents live in India and hence, their immigration sponsorship application will be processed in New Delhi. I was looking at the processing times for Parents and Grand Parents' application on CIC's website and it's mentioned that:

Step 1 (evaluation of Sponsor) takes approx: 44 months of processing time. Then
Step 2 (Processing in New Delhi) takes approx: 61 months of processing time.

Does that mean that on an average there is 100 months or 8-9 years of processing time in total for immigration to complete if there are no delays ?.

By looking at various posts here in the Forum, I have seen that it has taken from 2 to 3 years for applications to process in Delhi?. Are my observations incorrect or am I missing something here?.

I would really appreciate if you could share your experiences and insights.

Thanks a lot.
Karn

casalim

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
Re: Total processing time of Parents sponsorship to Canada for Indian Parents

karnveer said:
Hi,

Recently Govt. of Canada took measures to speedup the immigration processing times of Parents and Grandparents by:
first: putting a 2 year stoppage on new applications and second: by restricting the number of applications received every year to 5000.

My parents live in India and hence, their immigration sponsorship application will be processed in New Delhi. I was looking at the processing times for Parents and Grand Parents' application on CIC's website and it's mentioned that:

Step 1 (evaluation of Sponsor) takes approx: 44 months of processing time. Then
Step 2 (Processing in New Delhi) takes approx: 61 months of processing time.

Does that mean that on an average there is 100 months or 8-9 years of processing time in total for immigration to complete if there are no delays ?.

By looking at various posts here in the Forum, I have seen that it has taken from 2 to 3 years for applications to process in Delhi?. Are my observations incorrect or am I missing something here?.

I would really appreciate if you could share your experiences and insights.

Thanks a lot.
Karn
Hi Karn,

New Delhi Processing time of 61 months is to complete 80% of applications. Most of the applications are processed in 18 to 24 months. Total Processing time is 42 months + 24 months i.e. total 66 months. It depends on case to case.

karnveer

Nov 22, 2009
Hi Casalim,

Thanks a lot for your answer. The timelines you have mentioned are more compatible with the ones that I have seen in the Forum.

Regards,
Karn

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
karnveer said:
Hi Casalim,

Thanks a lot for your answer. The timelines you have mentioned are more compatible with the ones that I have seen in the Forum.

Regards,
Karn
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.18855.html

Visit that thread, state your timeline etc

AhmadR

Dec 14, 2014
Hi Karn,

Did you parent finally get a visa? The CIC sent my parent's application to New Delhi in 2016 and my mom did the medical, etc. but we haven't heard since then. I am wondering how long it normally takes on average for a sponsorship case to be processed in New Delhi.

Thanks,

Roman.