Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
sbwv09 said:
I'll be there the 21st! :D
Great. I'm looking forward to meeting you too.

K

kalew2010

Hey all! If anyone is going to the Yorkdale meeting on the 14th please make mention of this meeting as well!
Thanks ;)

A

anushauc

kalew2010 said:
Hey all! If anyone is going to the Yorkdale meeting on the 14th please make mention of this meeting as well!
Thanks ;)
You need to follow the other thread for that.
Qorax ( Captain Dutta ) would update on it.
You can PM Qorax for more info.

Unless we are out of station traveling, We are looking at joining the meeting on 14th as we are a part of the group already. You are welcome to join us.
Not sure of the 21st though as this would be the first meet for this group.

K

kalew2010

Hi anushauc....I would love to join in on the 14th but I am away this weekend!! :( For those meeting on the 14th do you know if this is intended to become a (somewhat) regular meeting? Monthly perhaps?

A

anushauc

kalew2010 said:
Hi anushauc....I would love to join in on the 14th but I am away this weekend!! :( For those meeting on the 14th do you know if this is intended to become a (somewhat) regular meeting? Monthly perhaps?
Its somewhat a monthly meeting... Irrespective of that we keep in touch through the google groups...
To join the group you must be physically available in a meeting...
Look at the Dubai2Canada blog and the other blog mentioned...
We will see if we can come to the other meet on 21st.. not sure of now..

K

kalew2010

Saturday is fast approaching!! PM me if you can make it out for coffee this weekend and I will send you my number so we can be sure to connect in Union Station!!

K

kalew2010

Hi there, I've had a few people PM me so far. If you are still hoping to meet up please let me know and I can send you my number so we can find everyone and talk some immigration! (Especially vent our frustrations in person...:p)

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Sorry everybody. I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. :(Allison

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Sorry most people were not able to make it and it had to be cancelled. I'm usually in the Toronto area once or twice a month on weekends, so hopefully we will find a date in the future when a few of us can get together. It would be great to meet some of you.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I agree.. I'm sorry I bailed but a friend of the family died suddenly and the funeral services were at a conflicting time. I really want to meet you guys and I hope you don't think I'm flake! :(

K

kalew2010

BeShoo said:
Sorry most people were not able to make it and it had to be cancelled. I'm usually in the Toronto area once or twice a month on weekends, so hopefully we will find a date in the future when a few of us can get together. It would be great to meet some of you.
Hey BeShoo, please let us know when you will be in Toronto next and hopefully we can work with that date. I live here and am sure I can clear up some time in my schedule if I'm in town (away for Labour Day weekend though!).

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Does anyone know of a group that gathers closer to London, ON?
I would love to meet some others that are going through/have gone through this process.
If anyone knows or is interested please let me know ;D

A

anushauc

Ok - Members, here's the details of our Next Meet, that has now been finalized !

Meeting Organizers
Dubai2Canada Group AND Landed Immigrants in Toronto/GTA - Lets Network /Meet

Meet Coordinator:
Member "Qorax” & “AnushaUC” from Canadavisa.Com

Date of Meeting:
25th Sep 2010

Time of Meeting:
11:00 AM (Until we wish to stay back and spend time, over lunch)

Venue of Meet:
Food Court at the Centerpoint Mall, Yonge & Steeles Ave Intersection in Toronto

( See First Search Result : http://www.google.ca/search?q=centerpoint+mall&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a )

TTC Bus Stop:
Right on the intersection (Young-Steeles Ave)

Tenure of Meet:
2-4hrs. Or more as per personal choice

Type of gathering:
Family Event, Casual Networking, Kids r Welcome

Theme of Event:
Get-together over Lunch @ Mall Food Court (Self-Paid)

Transportation Advice
1. Reach Finch TTC Subway Junction (Any Public Transport – GO, Mississauga, Brampton – YRT, TTC)
2. TTC Bus towards North – Route 97, 97B, 97C. Max of 10 Mins from Finch Subway

Note:
- Plz be informed that members r coming from various areas, viz. Scarborough, Toronto & North York, Mississauga & Brampton.
- The meet is open to everyone, even if u r not in the Canadavisa.Com forum. So, ALL ARE WELCOME.
- It's a good way of networking for all new comers. We can grow our friend's circle. Be it from any region. (This will benefit all of us in multiple ways)

All desiring members of this forum r most welcome to join us. We'll be more than happy to get to know each other. If u r willing to join plz, post your willingness and PM either our Leader “Qorax” – Captain Dutta or us (AnushaUC) . There on we can share our contacts and go from there. Thus, we can touch-base for pre-checks, if any.

PS: This message can be passed on to benefit one and all. All are welcome. We are expecting around 15 people at this point of time.

See u there...

Anusha & Chari

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
kalew2010 said:
Hey BeShoo, please let us know when you will be in Toronto next and hopefully we can work with that date. I live here and am sure I can clear up some time in my schedule if I'm in town (away for Labour Day weekend though!).
I'm not sure if there is still a group wanting to meet downtown at some point, but my problem is that I often don't know very far in advance when I will be in the area. I knew for sure that I was going to be there Labour Day weekend, but of course that wouldn't have worked out with you, so I didn't even mention that. I'm hoping to visit again sometime between now and (Canadian) Thanksgiving but all I know so far is that it won't be this weekend (which is half over anyway). We will have to see what will be.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
This is a great Idea..does anyone know if there are any gatherings for people in Hamilton Ontario, Toronto is a bit far for me?