+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Top Universities for M.Eng 1 Year-Full Time International Student

Niteesh

Feb 20, 2014
Hi Experts,

I need a quick help on below important things, as it would be helpful to most of us searching the same. Searched a lot of institutions website and most are unclear about duration.

1. Top 20 1 Yr M.Eng Colleges in Canada(ECE/Computers preferably).
2. Fee ideas . (Decent universities with comparatively less fee.. Saw UoT, it was 37K for International and around 11K for Canadians..!!!)
3. Job prospects for M.Eng course.
4. Colleges in which area are preferred for getting PR.

Any additional suggestions/information are welcome.

Thanks,
Niteesh

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
lol while we r at it do u want us to finish ur education and get u a degree too? do ur own research ......lol

Niteesh

Feb 20, 2014
Hey guys.. Sorry if i offended, new to this forum.. But I did search the university websites, except few, duration are unclear in most(Had sent emails also). Give me whatever info you have, that would be really helpful :)

-Cheers

Niteesh

Feb 20, 2014
1. Waterloo 1 yr M.Eng Pgm (Clearly mentioned,so no prob).
2. UoT- 1 Yr M.Eng (Huge fee difference)
3. UBC- Couldn get any info on 1 Yr M.Eng courses.
4. McGill University (More longer - 3 Yrs if im not wrong)
5. McMaster (I assume its 1 yr, but only mentioned was "All courses should be completed within 16 months of entry into the program")
6. Queen's University(Duration??)
7. Ottawa University (2 Yr)
8. University of Windsor(Fee seems ok, but no clue about duration)
9. University of Calgary- (Same confusion abt duration).

Let us know missing good universities here.

Thanks

Niteesh

Feb 20, 2014
Thanks for the reply Regina. As I already mentioned, duration of 1yr,decent fee with access to industry(Know abt Waterloo, McMaster and UoT. But want to know other options, in case of rejection).

maximin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
There are some immigration advantages to do MEng in BC:
http://www.welcomebc.ca/new_pnp/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/Post-Graduates.aspx

Ontario has very similar program but with quotas:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/OI/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERSAPPLY.html#_qualify

Finally, any appropriate post secondary education in Quebec will also let you to start immigration process right after graduation.
(Sorry, lazy to search for the link)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your GPA is at least 80%, definitely try to apply to Waterloo, UofT and UBC.
If about 70-75%, still try but you will need to have some other strong points in your application, for example high score in GRE Physics, Math or CS.

I suggest check SFU (Simon Fraser University, BC). It is a good school, but slightly less competitive then three above.